Windows 10: Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

Discus and support Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just fixed the diagnostic full option being hidden via the group editor, now I can switch from basic to full but it won't save the setting and as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Heavygunner1996, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

I just fixed the diagnostic full option being hidden via the group editor, now I can switch from basic to full but it won't save the setting and as soon as I leave the panel it will reset to basic.

If anyone could help me, I really would like to change that settings so I can use the insider preview. It's probably becuase I used one of those privacy apps, I'm not even sure, but if anyone has an idea I'll be glad to hear it.

submitted by /u/Heavygunner1996
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Heavygunner1996, Apr 17, 2020
  2. KristaDL Win User

Feedback & Diagnostics Settings

I was running the Windows 10 Troubleshooter and afterwards I was going to give some feedback but when the page went to the Feedback & Diagnostics page the error message (shown in red) "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" was at the
    top of the page and my options to change my settings were greyed out. I had this problem previously but for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. I've Googled everything I can but nothing has helped. I'm running Windows 10 Home so gpedit.msc isn't
    an option. I do have iolo System Mechanic running on my PC and laptop so it may have made some changes to both but I'm unsure how to undo those changes to see if that helps. Any suggestions on how to reset these settings in the Privacy/Feedback & Diagnostic
    settings would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

KristaDL, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Feedback Broken

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• What's the exact error message are you getting?
    • Are you logged in as an administrator?
    We suggest you to check privacy settings in Windows 10. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Privacy settings.
    • On the left pane, click Feedback and diagnostics.
    • Under Feedback frequency, Windows should ask for my data should be selected to
      Automatically.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

Sync settings does nothing on new Windows 10 machine

We suggest that you change the Feedback and Diagnostics settings on both devices. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Your Diagnostics and usage data settings are probably set to Basic. Just change it to Enhanced or higher.
    Once you change Feedback and Diagnostics settings, you should be able to sync your settings normally again.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings

1. Windows won't save diagnostic&feedback settings - Similar Threads - won't save diagnostic&feedback

2. Unable to modify Diagnostics & feedback settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to modify Diagnostics & feedback settings: I want to change diagnostics data from required to optional but apparently these settings are managed by my organizations which I don't think I have any....
  3. Diagnostic and Feedback Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic and Feedback Settings: My win 10 laptop diagnostic and feedback settings says some of these settings are hidden or managed by my organization. The problem with that is this is my personal laptop. So no organization is controlling or hiding anything. Can someone please help me figure out how I can...
  4. diagnostic & feedback

diagnostic & feedback: my device can't share diagnostic data to get additional troubleshooting recommendations ....and i can't enable this option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-feedback/74243244-d2ac-42b6-a84c-25114cd4897e
  5. The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.: The diagnostic and feedback setting keeps changing automatically to required diagnostic data even if i change it to optional diagnostic data and due to this i am not able to get the beta release. When i go to the Windows Insider program settings it says to change the...
  6. Diagnostics & Feedback

Diagnostics & Feedback: Hello, I am using Windows 1064-bit version 2004, I cannot enable Diagnostics data, I need an support [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-feedback/d4fa4a42-f8ca-40a9-a22c-d3f2b56a51d8
  7. Diagnostics & Feedback

Diagnostics & Feedback: Hello everyone! Why can't I change Basic to Full in Diagnostics & Feedback? I need an support from Microsoft! Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1909[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-feedback/b1b85742-051b-4ab9-ab84-6510b717efcb
  8. Diagnostics and Feedback

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostics and Feedback: Time and again my printerHP Desk Jet 3835 is not available from the pc. It looks like it is in sleep mode, but kan not be "awaken". I can solve this by - disconnect the printer, then - shut down pc and printer, then - reboot printer, then - reboot pc, then - install...
  9. Diagnostics and Feedback fault.

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostics and Feedback fault.: *Doh Hi all. I appear to have a problem in W10 v 1803, with Diagnostics and feedback settings. I noticed that the said named settings were set on "Full", i therefore reticked the "Basic" box instead. To cut to the chase, it reverts back to FULL all the time. What is...
  10. Disable Feedback & Diagnostics?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Feedback & Diagnostics?: Is there a Group Policy option (or something easier) that can disable 'Diagnostic and usage data' (in Privacy>Feedback & diagnostics section) as the lowest setting from the menu is Basic? 9814