Windows 10: Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker

Discus and support Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a pendrive. I want only half of it to be decrypted, so I created a VHDX file with virtual partition on it. I mounted and then encrypted this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by przemek755676, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker

I have a pendrive. I want only half of it to be decrypted, so I created a VHDX file with virtual partition on it. I mounted and then encrypted this partition with BitLocker. Thanks to that after connecting the pendrive I have a "normal" main partition and after mounting the VHDX file and passing the password I have second encrypted partition. This solution worked great so far, but two days ago I encountered a problem. When I copy or create a file on that encrypted partition everything seems to be fine. The file is there and I can open it - no errors. But when I disconnect my pendrive from PC, connect it, mount the VHDX partition the file is gone! Fortunately I have a copy of my latest files on my computer, in other case I would lose them! I tried with new VHDX partition on the same pendrive but it appears it won't fix the problem. Last update that was installed on my computer is KB4541335.

:)

przemek755676, Apr 4, 2020

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 4, 2020
  3. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker

1. Windows won't save files on partition with enabled BitLocker - Similar Threads - won't save files

2. Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:: This morning, the Bitlocker encryption was enabled on my partition device E: Thus, I don't know where the key is. I am using a local account with no windows account signed in. C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -status E: BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version...
  3. Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker enabled on its own on my partition drive E:: This morning, the Bitlocker encryption was enabled on my partition device E: Thus, I don't know where the key is. I am using a local account with no windows account signed in. C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -status E: BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version...
  4. Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker won't save to microsoft account: So I have seen old posts about this issue but nothing really recent about it. I have two computers that I just did a clean install of win 10 pro. My only account I have on the computers is a microsoft account and I have verified myself on the account with microsoft. I have...
  5. scanned files won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanned files won't save: I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY THE WRONG CATEGORY, BUT NOT SURE WHERE TO POST Windows 10 Home. Epson XP-410 printer/scanner. Today while scanning got this message: 'Files cannot be saved to the selected folder because you do not have sufficient access privileges.' Uninstalled...
  6. excel files won't save.

excel files won't save.: I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/excel-files-wont-save/cc2fe25e-6973-408c-a9f8-bd23118886e3
  7. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  8. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  9. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742
  10. Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?

Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?: I'm just installing my notebook from scratch. I set up a dual boot with Fedora 27 and Windows 10 Pro. Both OSes are installed on the same SSD (1 TB). The system is EFI with Secure Boot activated. First of all I installed Win10 on a 200GB partition. Afterwards Fedora...