Windows 10: Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

Discus and support Windows wont show meta data for some tracks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got some FLAC files but Windows wont show the meta data for some tracks. It works fine in VLC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Poker_Face0958... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Poker_Face0958, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

I got some FLAC files but Windows wont show the meta data for some tracks. It works fine in VLC. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/Poker_Face0958
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Poker_Face0958, Apr 27, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows wont show meta data for some tracks partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

Hi, works for me- e.g. deleting album name in mp3tag, then viewing that via properties, the album name had vanished as expected.

However, I have a program called File Metadata
    File Metadata - Home

Windows wont show meta data for some tracks [​IMG]

which amongst other things enables Properties to do more for more file types:

Windows wont show meta data for some tracks [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Bansaw Win User

Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works.

However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg. Audacity) and look at the tags, it shows the change has been made. Is this a bug in Windows?
    (This happens on a few PCs, not just one. And I did run sfc /scannow)

Bansaw, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

1. Windows wont show meta data for some tracks - Similar Threads - wont show meta

2. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  3. Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer: I'm not looking for something like Kodi/Plex because not only is it laggy but also I feel that it's not customizable enough. Usually, I think that developers over-customize software with too many options. This is a huge problem today as it detracts from the productivity of...
  4. WMP meta data

WMP meta data: Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info") - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting...
  5. My windows security wont show any data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows security wont show any data.: [ATTACH] I recently reset my pc so it the windows security was working fine. But today an error showed while booting up and then when i checked windows defender was not working. I do have some pirated software installed, prior scans didnt show any viruses. This the third...
  6. In file explorer, Windows 10, I created a list of files with some meta data, Frame Width &...

In file explorer, Windows 10, I created a list of files with some meta data, Frame Width &...: I have all my movies in a folder/subfolders and can get all the file names, Date Created, File Size and also meta data: Frame width and Frame height. It's all list in the file manager window but how can I send the list with the meta data to a notepad file?...
  7. Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10

Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10: Where are the generated meta data for video projects stored on my computer? I need to make sure that the data is backuped (did lose some video projects when I reinstalled windows 10). Is there a way in Photo to setup where this data is stored? Also, there is a function to...
  8. Re-build the meta data on a hard drive

Re-build the meta data on a hard drive: First, I'm not sure the title is correct ... meta data. Secondly, I'm not sure this would be the correct forum, but I'm not sure where to start. I'm need help with the information on a hard drive that tells where on the hard drive the file is stored, hence the second...
  9. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  10. Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?: I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works. However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg....