Windows 10: Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900

Discus and support Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I updated a few weeks ago I can't shutdown or restart. I get the shutdown screen but it keeps saying 'shutting down' with the circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpooley, Jul 19, 2020.

1. mpooley Win User

Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900

Ever since I updated a few weeks ago I can't shutdown or restart.
    I get the shutdown screen but it keeps saying 'shutting down' with the circle revolving around it.

I now have the latest windows update telling me to restart.
    I tried to but it won't and when I shutdown using the button on the PC it restarts but doesn't do the update.
    I was hoping the new update would fix the problem but now I can't update!

Any ideas what I should do please?

Thanks

Mike

:)

mpooley, Jul 19, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900

Can't shut down since recent update

Hi,

This problem that you currently encountered may have something to do with your computer's power management. For us to isolate and address this problem, we suggest running the Power troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the Cortana search window.
    • Click View all in the left pane.
    • Look for Power, click it, and hit Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

In case the issue persists after running the Power troubleshooter, please verify if pressing the power button is set to shut down your PC. Go to
    Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do. Make sure it is set to
    Shut down and then save the changes.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900

1. Windows won't shut down since last update to V1909 build 18363.900 - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update: Since the last Windows update, my HP laptop won't shut down, it says "Shutting down" then goes back to the login screen. I have to hold the power button in to force it to shut down. How can I fix this?...
  3. Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update: Since the last Windows update, my HP laptop won't shut down, it says "Shutting down" then goes back to the login screen. I have to hold the power button in to force it to shut down. How can I fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  5. My PC sometimes shut down since the last 2 Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC sometimes shut down since the last 2 Windows Update: My PC sometimes shut down since the last 2 Windows Update. Can you help me to fix the issue? That happened after the last 2 Update from Windows 10. Sometimes, when I browsing with Google Chrome, and sometimes when I render my short video. I didn't see if there is an...
  6. Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Recognition not working since I installed build 18363: I have a disk drive installed in a caddy with a power switch on the caddy. Previously when I swiched it on Windows would read the label then the disk was available. Since 18363 it doesn't do that. I have to power down & up to get the disk online. Possibly a coincidence, but I...
  7. Build 18363

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 18363: [ATTACH] I installed this update recently and can't find the "recording device" tab when right clicking the volume icon (yes, it was ugly but very useful imo). And I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I can't install Nvidia RTX Voice... Can't find this submitted by...
  8. Windows Build 18363

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Build 18363: I have discovered that once upgraded to Windows 10 build 18363 from build 18362, domain users no longer have the option to use Photos. Local users still have the option but domain users do not. I have verified that this behavior is not the fault of a group policy as down...
  9. Is all Windows 10 Support flooded and shut down since update v1909 issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is all Windows 10 Support flooded and shut down since update v1909 issues?: I have tried Chat, Call Back, Message and Community for the last three days and have had no response from any avenue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-all-windows-10-support-flooded-and-shut-down/96006318-cbbd-4ea7-9128-e5736625545b
  10. PC not shutting down since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not shutting down since update: My windows 10 PC has been running perfectly fine for the last 4 years. Two weeks ago it did a small update and now my PC refuses to shutdown, it just enters sleep mode. I have run sfc and DISM. I have turned off fast start up and and set the sleep option in power settings to...