Windows 10: Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

Discus and support Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel the shutdown and save the document. Windows will not respond to the next request to shut down. How can I shut my computer down when this occurs? Thank you for your help!

...Jim

:)

JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015
  2. AviKav Win User

Update while shutting down taking eight hours

1. No

2. I have made no attempt to hard shutdown my computer as I'm not sure whether Windows 10 displays extra dialog when updating during shutdown.

And thank you for moving this question to the proper category. I was not entirely sure if this was an update issue or a shutdown issue.

AviKav, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Windows10 Shutdownproblem

Since windows 10 upgrade my laptop won't shutdown properly. When I shutdown it goes blank, but when I open the laptop next day I see zero percent battery, which means it was not shutdown. Also if the laptop goes o sleepmode, it won't come back until I remove
    the battery or force shutdown by pressing the power button for longer period.

I tried disabling the Fastboot but didn't resolved. Please help

Lakshyajit Baruah, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument - Similar Threads - won't shutdown attempt

2. vfp made app crashing when opening report after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vfp made app crashing when opening report after windows update.: We are using an app tailor made for us with visual fox pro programming for years. It is compatible in all other laptops yet even with the latest update Except one. I Deleted all the latest updates this year to find it working but after it forcefully updates again the app...
  3. Windows won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't open: Whenever I login to Windows it goes to my profile and while loading just stops. No big updats or anything, just happened after restarting my PC to refresh it after being on for a long time. What could of happened so randomly and why? How do I fix it?...
  4. Windows won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't shutdown: I got this machine that doesn't shutdown, I have tried restarting, force restart, forced shutdown on CMD but I can't get it to shutdown, unless I power it off using the power button. Boots up well and I can login shutting down is the issue Anyone experienced this before or...
  5. windows won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows won't open: every time i turn on my laptop it shows a blue screen, i've tried to reset it but it shows an error every time i do it. is it any way to fix it? sorry for bad english is noyt my native lenguage submitted by /u/mardesayuno [link] [comments]...
  6. "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist" when Printing since Feature...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist" when Printing since Feature...: After updating my PC to the recent feature update, I'm no longer able to print to the office printer, a canon idr-adv 4025. Thought it was going to be local to my PC however a colleague on a completely different device, being a HP 250 G6, updated to the recent feature update...
  7. outlook will not open on third attempt

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook will not open on third attempt: Recently installed Office Home & business on new laptop. Whether on task bar or not Outlook will initially but usually on third attempt will not open. Have had 3 half hour sessions with Microsoft support where the contact each time took control of my computer to try and...
  8. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 News
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows File Explorer has stopped working and you see an error while trying to open it – An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist, then this post may be able to help you. [...] This post An attempt was made to reference a token...
  9. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDER Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist PLEASE HELP ME...
  10. Attempting to wake causes shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to wake causes shutdown: The computer won't automatically sleep any longer after 20 minutes. When I manually put it to sleep, it all sleeps; however, it won't wake up. Instead, when I move the mouse, I hear the fans engage for <1 second and then all peripherals go dark and the computer stops. When I...