Windows 10: Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

Discus and support Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel the shutdown and save the document. Windows will not respond to the next request to shut down. How can I shut my computer down when this occurs? Thank you for your help!

...Jim

:)

JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015
  2. AviKav Win User

Update while shutting down taking eight hours

1. No

2. I have made no attempt to hard shutdown my computer as I'm not sure whether Windows 10 displays extra dialog when updating during shutdown.

And thank you for moving this question to the proper category. I was not entirely sure if this was an update issue or a shutdown issue.

AviKav, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Windows10 Shutdownproblem

Since windows 10 upgrade my laptop won't shutdown properly. When I shutdown it goes blank, but when I open the laptop next day I see zero percent battery, which means it was not shutdown. Also if the laptop goes o sleepmode, it won't come back until I remove
    the battery or force shutdown by pressing the power button for longer period.

I tried disabling the Fastboot but didn't resolved. Please help

Lakshyajit Baruah, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument - Similar Threads - won't shutdown attempt

2. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-attempt-was-made-to-reference-a-token-that-does/a57ff71c-ab85-4d31-860a-cf8f90d12db5
  3. Windows won't shutdown when disk is GPT partitioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't shutdown when disk is GPT partitioned: I have windows 10 64bit on my machine with UEFI and the HDD is partitioned in GPT mode. The problem is it never shuts down fully, only the monitor turns off, but not fan, lights and hard disk and it freezes randomly and restarts with BSODs often. And yesterday I happened to...
  4. Windows won't shutdown when disk is GPT partitioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't shutdown when disk is GPT partitioned: I have windows 10 64bit on my machine with UEFI and the HDD is partitioned in GPT mode. The problem is it never shuts down fully, only the monitor turns off, but not fan, lights and hard disk and it freezes randomly and restarts with BSODs often. And yesterday I happened to...
  5. Windows won't shutdown when disk is GPT partitioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when opening powershell instant shutdown: I dont know when I got this problem exactly. But I realized it like 4 days ago when I tried opening the terminal in Intellj to download a specific thing, then it instantly shutdown and I saw it said something with powershell with it. So I figured that I should try opening...
  7. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when opening powershell instant shutdown: I dont know when I got this problem exactly. But I realized it like 4 days ago when I tried opening the terminal in Intellj to download a specific thing, then it instantly shutdown and I saw it said something with powershell with it. So I figured that I should try opening...
  8. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't shutdown: I got this machine that doesn't shutdown, I have tried restarting, force restart, forced shutdown on CMD but I can't get it to shutdown, unless I power it off using the power button. Boots up well and I can login shutting down is the issue Anyone experienced this before or...
  10. Attempting to wake causes shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to wake causes shutdown: The computer won't automatically sleep any longer after 20 minutes. When I manually put it to sleep, it all sleeps; however, it won't wake up. Instead, when I move the mouse, I hear the fans engage for <1 second and then all peripherals go dark and the computer stops. When I...