Windows 10: Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

Discus and support Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

When I initiate a system shutdown and I have an open and unsaved document The system naturally tells me that there are unsaved documents. I then cancel the shutdown and save the document. Windows will not respond to the next request to shut down. How can I shut my computer down when this occurs? Thank you for your help!

...Jim

:)

JimFleming, Aug 26, 2015
  2. AviKav Win User

Update while shutting down taking eight hours

1. No

2. I have made no attempt to hard shutdown my computer as I'm not sure whether Windows 10 displays extra dialog when updating during shutdown.

And thank you for moving this question to the proper category. I was not entirely sure if this was an update issue or a shutdown issue.

AviKav, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Windows10 Shutdownproblem

Since windows 10 upgrade my laptop won't shutdown properly. When I shutdown it goes blank, but when I open the laptop next day I see zero percent battery, which means it was not shutdown. Also if the laptop goes o sleepmode, it won't come back until I remove
    the battery or force shutdown by pressing the power button for longer period.

I tried disabling the Fastboot but didn't resolved. Please help

Lakshyajit Baruah, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument

1. Windows won't shutdown when attempt is made with an open dcument - Similar Threads - won't shutdown attempt

2. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly: Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the steps in reversing this please and thanks....
  3. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 News
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows File Explorer has stopped working and you see an error while trying to open it – An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist, then this post may be able to help you. [...] This post An attempt was made to reference a token...
  4. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDER Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. 0x000000BE an attempt was made to write to read only memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x000000BE an attempt was made to write to read only memory: Some back story, I built this machine 2 weeks ago, once i got it going it was fine. I had some issues with the memory, i was getting blue screens with memory management stop codes, long story short i swapped the ram from 2/4 to 1/3 and those have stopped. Now im getting a new...
  6. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: OS: Windows 10 1709 CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer restarts instead of shutting down. I have tried disabling "fast startup", and "automatic restart" upon system failure, updated all...
  7. Windows Random Shutdown when using

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Random Shutdown when using: I was using my laptop and windows shutdown with no warning, when i restarted windows it was stuck in a boot loop. I the start up repair utility within windows now the computer boots to user account when i put in my password it says preparing windows sits like this for 10...
  8. Windows starts by itself when shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows starts by itself when shutdown: Just Yesterday upgraded from 8.1 to 10 with out any problems. But, Unless fast start up is disabled, windows will start by itself a few minutes later after I shutdown. Did not have this problem before with 8.1. Always had fast startup selected, matter of fact, never had to...
  9. Attempting to wake causes shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to wake causes shutdown: The computer won't automatically sleep any longer after 20 minutes. When I manually put it to sleep, it all sleeps; however, it won't wake up. Instead, when I move the mouse, I hear the fans engage for <1 second and then all peripherals go dark and the computer stops. When I...
  10. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...