Windows 10: Windows won't shutdown

Discus and support Windows won't shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got this machine that doesn't shutdown, I have tried restarting, force restart, forced shutdown on CMD but I can't get it to shutdown, unless I power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KevinRuttoh, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Windows won't shutdown

I got this machine that doesn't shutdown, I have tried restarting, force restart, forced shutdown on CMD but I can't get it to shutdown, unless I power it off using the power button. Boots up well and I can login shutting down is the issue

Anyone experienced this before or knows what the issue can be ?

submitted by /u/KevinRuttoh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KevinRuttoh, Nov 27, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Windows won't shutdown

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't shutdown

1. Windows won't shutdown - Similar Threads - won't shutdown

2. Shutdown during Partition, Windows 10 won't boot to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown during Partition, Windows 10 won't boot to desktop: I was shrinking my Volume F and adding the free space to Volume C basically, partitioning. That is when the electricity went off and the pc windows 10 shut down. When I started it once again it asked me to select my language and after that I was asked to choose two options:1....
  3. Pc won't turn on after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't turn on after force shutdown: Long story short my pc got turned off by pulling the wire out 50+ times for the past 4 months. Today when the force shutdown by pulling the wire out happened pc doesn't turn on. No reaction to me pressing the power button. Also some days it can get pulled out even 10 times...
  4. WSL won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL won't shutdown: I installed windows WSL recently to use kali-linux. When I'm done with my Linux system I want to shut down my wsl by wsl --shutdown. This seems to work until I opened task manager and I see VMMEM is still running. Next, it open my cmd again and when I do wsl -l -v, there it...
  5. PC Won't shutdown properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Won't shutdown properly: Hello, I've been having this issue with my pc the last 2 weeks where it just wont turn off properly,it's stuck on the Shutting down screen and after several hours just crashes. I've run the following command in CMD SFC/scannow and have completed the verification. The...
  6. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  7. Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't recognize after a Shutdown or Sleepmode, only solution is to Reset Network,...: When waking from a shutdown or sleep mode, Windows 10 will not recognize the ethernet cable. When running the troubleshooter, it just says an ethernet cable is not connected re plugging does nothing. The only way I've found to do fix this is to reset network settings and then...
  8. NvContainer won't end at shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NvContainer won't end at shutdown: Anyone else noticed that when you shutdown the PC nvcontainerwindowsclass000056C4 is still running. After 2 secs it ends and the PC continues shutting down. Very weird... 168279
  9. Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday: I have been working from home using my own personal laptop, HP Envy with Windows 10. And last night after getting done working I went to shutdown my laptop as I do every day, and the "Update and Shutdown" was there. Which of course I clicked on it because I wanted my laptop...
  10. My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC won't wake up from sleep until I long-press the shutdown button?: Like I wrote in the title. My PC suddenly won't wake up from sleep using normal methods anymore. Usually, I just press 1 key on keyboard or press a button on my mouse and it turns right back on like a happy puppy. But after it crashed last night due to me uninstalling a...