Windows 10: Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints.

Discus and support Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After upgraded to win10 2004,the system will not sign me in on first boot.However,fingerprint sensors are functioning normally and trying to sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by h1kari, Jun 25, 2020.

1. h1kari Win User

Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints.

After upgraded to win10 2004,the system will not sign me in on first boot.However,fingerprint sensors are functioning normally and trying to sign in just make it stuck at the login screen.

Is there anyway to solve this?Althrough it makes my system safer but I am tired of typing passwords each time I start my machine.

:)

h1kari, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints. fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints.

fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints.

1. Windows won't sign me in with my fingerprints. - Similar Threads - won't sign fingerprints

2. windows sign in - fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows sign in - fingerprint: I have the fingerprint reader on my laptop. It has worked up until 2 days ago. I have updated my computer and when I go into settings it says that I cannot set up windows Hello because I dont have it when I do. How do I fix this?...
  3. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  4. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  5. Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint

Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint: I have an HP 15z eh000 CTOToday I tried to setup my fingerprint reader but windows won let me. I see the setup button but when I click it, nothing happens. I uninstalled my driver for my fingerprint sensor and reinstalled it multiple times but nothing is working....
  6. Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint: I have an HP 15z eh000 CTOToday I tried to setup my fingerprint reader but windows won let me. I see the setup button but when I click it, nothing happens. I uninstalled my driver for my fingerprint sensor and reinstalled it multiple times but nothing is working....
  7. Windows won't sign me in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't sign me in: Hi, I wanted to run my new msi stealth 10uh laptop in safe mode un aware there's a way to turn it on at boot, so I went into msconfig I changed the setting to the diagnostic setting restarted the computer, typed in my password it said something went wrong went to take me to...
  8. Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint: I just got my new HP ENVY x360 and every time I try to set up my fingerprint it says the scanner is not connected or something and to reconnect it. please help!...
  9. My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint: My device (HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx) has a fingerprint reader and has always singed me in by detecting it (Windows hello). But recently it doesn't let me in by scanning my fingerprint and will only let me with my password. What can I do? Is it possible that it...
  10. Windows won't let me sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't let me sign into my laptop: I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Yesterday, after resuming my laptop from sleep mode, I tried logging on and got the message: "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I've tried just about...