Windows 10: Windows won't start after KB4457128 install - block this update?

Discus and support Windows won't start after KB4457128 install - block this update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 1803 wouldn't start after the 9/12 patches. I was able to get Windows back using the prior System Restore Point. Once I got Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeBlow4, Sep 13, 2018.

1. JoeBlow4 Win User

Windows won't start after KB4457128 install - block this update?

Windows 10 Home 1803 wouldn't start after the 9/12 patches.

I was able to get Windows back using the prior System Restore Point. Once I got Windows running again I got the 0xc000021a error for MSASCuil.exe (part of Windows Defender). I'm running sfc /scannow to repair it.

Windows Update in Settings showed several patches installed successfully on 9/12, but KB4457128 was not completely installed. (This patch installed without issue on my Windows 10 Pro 1803).

I used the Windows Hide/Show tool (KB3073930) to hide KB4457128 to prevent reinstallation of this problematic patch, but it is still listed on the Windows Update page in Settings.

Questions

• Is there a way to install this update on this Windows Home 1803 system without trashing Windows?
    • Failing that, is there a way to prevent this update from re-installing, given that the Hide update tool didn't work?

I've already set a metered connection and throttled the available bandwidth. I can shut off the Windows Update service, but I don't want to disable all future updates, just this one that kills Windows.

:)

JoeBlow4, Sep 13, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 13, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows won't start after KB4457128 install - block this update? - Similar Threads - won't start KB4457128

2. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  3. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  4. Windows won't start after installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't start after installation: I upgraded my pc with a new CPU+RAM+MOBO combo. I decided to wipe the computer's storage after installing the parts. I booted up the pc from my Media Creation Tool USB, where I formatted both my drives. I then shut it down, unplugged my HDD, then in the installation tool I...
  5. KB4457128 update will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4457128 update will not install: HI, Windows 10, 64 Bit will not install update: 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) The update downloads ok, but fails to install. I have tried manual download, but still fails. KB4456655 is already installed. I...
  6. Windows 10 - Windows update failed to install (KB4457128) - Error 0x8007045d

Windows 10 - Windows update failed to install (KB4457128) - Error 0x8007045d: Recently my PC started running at 100% DISK usage 1-2 minutes after startup. Meanwhile the CPU usage stays at 0-1%. This goes on for about 10 minutes, and then the DISK usage drops to 0-1%, and everything works fine. I found out, that Windows Update has tried to install...
  7. failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)...

failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)...: failed to install cumulative update for windows 10 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128) (50 times failed) but why? i already remove all my USB except my keyboard and mouse. i also done uninstalling avast antivirus. but seems my PC unable to install update several times....
  8. Comulative update KB4457128

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Comulative update KB4457128: I have just looked in windows update and see that comulative update KB4457128 for version 1803 64bit was installed on September 11th and again on September 12th.Do I have to keep both of them on? 117795
  9. Windows 10 update KB4457128 killed both firewalls!

Windows 10 update KB4457128 killed both firewalls!: Everything worked JUST fine before this update went through. It killed my windows firewall. Windows says that McAfee firewall is not working but when I go into McAfee it says its working fine. I cannot make any changes within the windows firewall area in the settings. It will...
  10. KB4457128 Installed itself again and failed

KB4457128 Installed itself again and failed: What is going on with this update? When is it going to be fixed? I'm getting hangs, blue screens. Why wasn't this tested before release?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4462919 does not instal

2. system wont boot after kb4462919

3. uninstall 4457128

4. update kb4457128 failor,
  5. KB4457128 uninstall,
  6. windows update kb4457128 dont work,
  7. desktop computer running windows 10 wont update kb 4457128,
  8. kb4457128 no boot,
  9. kb4457128 install,
  10. kb4457128 is failing to install fix,