Windows 10: Windows won't start after system restore.

Discus and support Windows won't start after system restore. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chico55, Oct 1, 2016.

1. chico55 Win User

Windows won't start after system restore.

I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network driver but on checking driver was up to date and working. Why wouldn't it be? Anyway I uninstalled updates and re-booted but the same problem is present. I then attempted a system restore but all I have now is a blue screen with the "working" icon in the middle. Nothing is happening, it is frozen at that point. If I switch off and reboot, if I remove the battery and reboot it is just that screen that I get. Can someone help please?

:)

chico55, Oct 1, 2016

2. Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070020

So when rebooting after running the troubleshooter I was left with an inaccessible boot device... luckily system restore got me back to a working PC (although Google Chrome now won't start...)

timfawcett, Oct 1, 2016
  3. -MomO- Win User
    After Preparing Automatic Repair, it goes into blank screen without cursor

My Lenovo Ideapad 320-ISK crashed and it goes into blank screen without cursor after the logo. The problem started with failure to update the system and it crashed. When I tries to use the system restore point, it took 5+ hrs and still it's preparing and
    restarted it. The prob is my system won't even recognize my usb even if it's a bootable usb w/ windows 10 in it. It just go to blank screen after the system restore point failed. Can someone help me because I don't want to pay for the repair T___T

-MomO-, Oct 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, first make sure you have disconnected all unnecessary peripherals esp. any wireless mouse. Try rebooting.

If still no success you could try booting from Win 10 bootable medium, navigate via repair to a command prompt.
    Run chkdsk systemdisk: /F
    - where systemdisk is the drive letter of your system disk as seen from the command prompt (it won't be C*Smile

Note and check the result. If clear, boot from the Win 10 bootable medium and navigate via repair to a system restore point option.

Then see if you have a remaining restore point you can use.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows won't start after system restore. - Similar Threads - won't start system

2. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  3. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  4. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, I can't find my Google Chrome icon. Went to ALL PROGRAMS and i can't find Chrome there.Now, i'm trying to re-install...
  5. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, I can't find my Google Chrome icon. Went to ALL PROGRAMS and i can't find Chrome there.Now, i'm trying to re-install...
  6. Google Chrome won't install after system restore

7. Windows 10 won't start after failed restore

Windows 10 won't start after failed restore: Hello. I have a laptop with windows 10. I tried to restore Windows because I was having a problem with the code windows immersive control panel cw5n1h2txyewy...All Windows functions had stopped like start menu, settings,task manager, storeetc and suddenly somewhere in 60% I...
  8. HP Spetre won't start after System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Spetre won't start after System Restore: hi, hope some technical geeks can read my post and give me some help! Thanks! I use a HP Spectre but recently I saw a lot pop-ups so I decided to give it a System Restore. I chose the restore point and let the laptop run. When I came back later, I saw black screen, so I...
  9. Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.: So yesterday I was using my laptop as usuall, nothing weird and y downloaded PlayStation Now (from Sony's official site), after I installed it an error popped in the screen and it said something like "this can be fixed reinstalling the program" like 10 minutes after that my...
  10. System Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont start after system restore