Windows 10: Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display

Discus and support Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For context: I have an hp notebook and its been giving me bsod system service exeption, near impossible to get rid of pretty often and at random times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SebastiánEncina, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display

For context: I have an hp notebook and its been giving me bsod system service exeption, near impossible to get rid of pretty often and at random times for a year or two now. But that's not the problem.

Last week my display broke so i started using an external monitor until we can get a replacement hard in argentina because they dont make them here and because of the pandemic. Thing is, i was using the computer today and it gave me the bsod, but instead of rebooting as it normally does, the external monitor never turned on im assuming because windows isnt booting.

Since i can't see whats the problem, this is the only context i can give. When i turn it on, everything seems normal, but after a minute or so, it appears to reboot power led stays on, but the display resets and the fans start moving faster. After that there's no sound, no sign of windows starting, and keys have no effect whatsoever. A little while after that though, when i press enter or the space bar, the computer turns off doesnt reboot, it actually turns off. I tried the multiple keys for changing projection settings, i also tried to enter my user password blindly and see if windows had started, but none worked and im out of ideas. I guess my questions are, how can i make my compiter use the external monitor since booting, and/or, what could be happening in the middle of booting and windows starting, cause maybe if i knew the problem i could navigate trough it blindly.

I already asked in the Spanish forums but I'm asking here too cause honestly im desperate. Since its quarantine getting parts or someone to repair it is pretty hard, and because of online classes i had my whole life in there. So I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you in advance, and sorry if my english was bad at any point.

:)

SebastiánEncina, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Lag in games, don't know the problem.

Hi Lucas,

This issue could occur due to corrupted or outdated drivers. I suggest you to update your Display Driver, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Go to Display adapter, and expand it by clicking the arrow button beside it.
    • Right-click on the name of the driver, and select Update Driver Software.

If issue persist, I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the display and graphics drivers by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Go to Display adapter, and expand it by clicking the arrow button beside it.
    • Right-click on the name of the driver, and select Uninstall device.
    • Select the Delete the driver software for this device
      check box, then select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After restarting, click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings, and select Update & security.
    • Choose Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

You can also visit this article as a reference: How to: Install and Update
    Hardware Drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 30, 2020
  4. DW7EZV Win User

Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display

Broken display when display driver installed

Hi All,

Got a problem with my display. Suddenly it displays like this

Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display [​IMG]

I reinstall the OS (tried W7 and W10 new and old versions) and installed display driver but still the display is broken.

the display is ok when display driver is not installed but the resolution is small and i cant play games even cs1.6

please kindly help me. Thank you!

Best regards,

• see attachment
    • pc specs below

DW7EZV, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display

1. Windows won't start and I don't know why broken display - Similar Threads - won't start don't

2. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display is broken and I don’t know why.: I recently installed new RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x8gb 3600Mhz into my PC, I booted up the PC and my screen resolution was off the screen the edges were cut off. Also I noticed that my display adapter NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti was experiencing Code 43 and the computer is...
  3. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display is broken and I don’t know why.: I recently installed new RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x8gb 3600Mhz into my PC, I booted up the PC and my screen resolution was off the screen the edges were cut off. Also I noticed that my display adapter NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti was experiencing Code 43 and the computer is...
  4. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  6. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  7. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...
  8. The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do: Today I've downloaded The Outer Worlds from the Xbox App, started it, and was met with a "You are not signed in to Xbox Live. Cloud Saves are unavailable" message. Weird, I thought, I got this from Game Pass and I'm clearly logged in the app. Trying to troubleshoot it I...
  9. Update won't work and I don't know the reason why.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update won't work and I don't know the reason why.: Hi mates, I've bought a brand new surface 5 and I cannot make the last update : Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-07C It proposes me this update, but once I try to install through the settings it fails... Anyone can help me please :-) Thanks in advance....
  10. Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver failed to boot and I don't know why: Recently my computer has been acting up and the cpu performance seems to have dropped drastically . when ever I boot my pc it says that the display driver failed to start and that it has switched to the basic windows driver. I also am having issues with DirectX where it...