Windows 10: Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo

Discus and support Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I traveled by plane ans brought my desktop, and after arriving, I got a new monitor and the pc won’t start. It beeps and starts to boot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pahzao, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Pahzao Win User

Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo

Hey guys,

So I traveled by plane ans brought my desktop, and after arriving, I got a new monitor and the pc won’t start. It beeps and starts to boot, motherboard logo shows up normally and the windows logo too, but then the screen goes black, so does the keyboard and mouse. After a couple seconds, only the mouse turns back on.

I have acess to my bios and safe mode, I thought it could be a driver problem since I changed the monitor but I have no idea. I’ve tried the windows diagnostic tool and I’ve tried to reset windows, but I get the black screen half-way through windows installation. I was able to revert those chamges and I can get to safe mode again, but I have no idea what to do.

To make things worse I don’t have acess to the internet, I got a wireless adapter but I guess safe mode doesn’t read it through the usb.

Help please!

:)

Pahzao, Sep 5, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 5, 2018
  3. tianhui Win User
    HELP! windows won't start

Just got home today,
    turned on computer and windows won't start.

What happens

BIOS appears-
    loading asus express gate...
    microsoft corporation (with small loading bar)

after the loading bar, a windows logo inscribed in a circle should appear and illuminate.
    instead i just get a movable cursor on a black screen...

after a while it reboots and the process starts again.

I'm suspecting its the windows update my computer installed last night as it was shutting down.

Going into safe mode and restoring...hopefully this works.
    I'm creating this thread from my dad's laptop ><

Any suggestion will be appreciated! *Cry :cry:

EDIT: i forgot to mention, the first time (blank screen for 5 min) ended in a quick BSOD and reboot.

tianhui, Sep 5, 2018
  4. JaredzzC Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Hi,

I locked my computer before I went away for a couple of days and came back to a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
    Every time I try to start the computer, it will go through the initial startup sequence of displaying the manufacture's logo for the motherboard and then it will say 'Starting Windows' After which point it will just display a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

I can access the motherboard's features absolutely fine and the options such as safe mode, start windows normally etc are available.

I've tried:
    Startup Repair - No problems.
    Windows Recovery Diagnostic Tool - No problems.
    Chkdsk - No problems found.
    There are no dates available for System Restore.
    It won't start in safe mode. It runs through the loading then same result as before, only the cursor visible.

As a last attempt I cleared the CMOS, but with the same outcome as before.

I thought it could perhaps be GPU related, but it doesn't seem so.
    I have 2 GPUs, both R9 290. They were both working absolutely fine before I left - no problems whatsoever.
    I have tried them each one by one but they produce the same result individually ( after 'starting windows' a black screen with only the mouse cursor appears).

Specs can be found in my 'system specs' section.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

JaredzzC, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows won’t start // black screen after windows logo - Similar Threads - won’t start black

2. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  3. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  4. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  5. Window black screen after logo

Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  6. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  7. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  8. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  9. BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO: in the beginning my screen used to turn off for a second whenever I went to fullscreen mode or exiting it while playing a vid be it offline(downloaded on my laptop) or on youtube, I didn't think much of it at that time. Approximately one year later I randomly checked my...
  10. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after windows logo: So it started this morning: I turned on my pc and it froze right after it passed the Blue windows logo screen. A black screen appeared with no cursor. I rebooted the pc (through the reset button) and everytime it got stuck at the black screen and then rebooted on its...