Windows 10: Windows wont start except in safe mode

Discus and support Windows wont start except in safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows wont start except in safe mode I have the same problem as the poster below -... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jiří Tříska, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Windows wont start except in safe mode

Windows wont start except in safe mode

I have the same problem as the poster below - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-10-not-starting-up-except-for-in-safe-mode/50bb021d-368d-459f-ab0f-3e3d675f0749 ?

Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

I was forced to update my computer there either day as the previous build was no longer supported and immediately after the update found that I was no longer able to restart or **** down the computer from the Windows screen while it was turned in on regular mode, however after having to use a hard shut down with the button on the tower i was no longer able to start up as usual except for in safe mode. Trying to sign in to regular results in a load screen for up to thirty minutes at least before i have to eventually shut down and try again in safe mode. I managed to get logged in as usual yesterday some how after checking for driver updates in safe mode, everything was up to date however. I tried trouble shooting last night for updates as I was again not able to restart or shut down and was given some error code, i was unable to see what the code was as the computer suddenly went into a restart update screen and then eventually just turned off on its own.

Is there a solution other than the one already mentioned in the link? Thank you

:)

Jiří Tříska, Oct 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Windows wont start except in safe mode

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont start except in safe mode

1. Windows wont start except in safe mode - Similar Threads - wont start except

2. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  3. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  4. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Safe mode wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  6. Safe mode wont load

Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  7. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  8. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  9. Starting in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  10. Safe Mode wont shut off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Safe Mode wont shut off: So what do I do if it says im not the admin but i am and it wont let me take safe mode off?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-wont-shut-off/1dee75ae-5bb2-40b9-a1cf-be7c92a958ed