Windows 10: Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled

Discus and support Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063) on an HDD. A couple of weeks ago I added an NVME SSD in a second bay and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark3947387, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled

I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063) on an HDD.

A couple of weeks ago I added an NVME SSD in a second bay and installed Windows 10 Home to that drive/partition, so I have a dual boot.

Yesterday, I upgraded the Product Key of the SSD partition to Windows 10 Education with the idea that my wife can use this partition to run VMs. The upgrade worked.

After enabling the Virtualization in the BIOS settings, the Windows 10 on the SSD fails to boot, referring me to the following log file : X:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . Note that the "X:" drive for the failing Windows SSD instance is the same as the "C:" drive for the working Windows HDD instance. So I'm able to access this log file when I boot up to the instance of windows installed on the HDD.

The SrtTrail.txt contains several successful entries but ends with this one:

------------------------------------------

Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    Boot critical file e:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x2
    Time taken = 1906 ms

------------------------------------------

If I disable virtualization in the BIOS the SSD instance of windows will boot and work fine (though the HyperV service won't start). If I enable virtualization the SSD instance of windows won't boot. The HDD instance of windows works either way.

- BIOS Version/Date "AMI F.17, 3/29/2018" on an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bq1xx

I'm running in UEFI mode fi that matters. Any ideas?

:)

Mark3947387, Sep 28, 2018

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Sep 28, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled

HAV says virtualization disabled, I have enabled it in BIOS

I followed the steps listed, but when I started genymotion again after resarting my computer, I still got the error telling me the number of cpus had been forced to one because virtualization isn't enabled. Also, the detection tool now tells me it doesn't work for my os.

WintertheMute, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled

1. Windows won't start on SSD with virtualization enabled - Similar Threads - won't start SSD

2. Enabling Virtualization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling Virtualization: So I am having an issue with enabling virtualization, when I boot into bios and enable Intel R Virtualization Technology, I look on task manager And it shows Disabled. I boot into bios again and it shows it's enabledFor any more detail I have a Lenovo BiosSo if anybody out...
  3. Enabling Virtualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling Virtualization: So I am having an issue with enabling virtualization, when I boot into bios and enable Intel R Virtualization Technology, I look on task manager And it shows Disabled. I boot into bios again and it shows it's enabledFor any more detail I have a Lenovo BiosSo if anybody out...
  4. Enabling Virtualization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows will not boot with virtualization enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not boot with virtualization enabled: I’m currently on Windows 20h2. Ever since Windows 2004, Windows shows bsod (system thread exception not handled) on boot only when virtualization is enabled. I’ve been dealing with this issue since May. Someone please help submitted by /u/tbone338 [link] [comments]...
  6. HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION: Hi, May you help me to enable virtualisation setting on my WINDOWS 10 HP PC ? But I am not getting System Configuration option when I click F10 at the starting of boot process. [IMG] [IMG]...
  7. virtualization enabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    virtualization enabling: I want to enable virtualization for better performance of nox player .But my BIOS settings are not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-enabling/4542f6a1-5be6-44bf-b48a-084e5733a124
  8. Enable Virtualization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable Virtualization: I'm trying to enable virtualization on my TUF laptop (AMD Ryzen 5 3550H). Whenever I enable SVM in bios, Windows fails to boot up, I have to go back to bios and disable SVM to get windows to load. Any ideas? submitted by /u/NobleUnknown_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Enable Virtualization

Enable Virtualization: In my bios I have enabled "VT-x only" option. But in my task manager its shows virtualization is disabled and so I can't run my android emulator. Any suggestion..?? .[ATTACH]...
  10. BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up

BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up: Basically, I've never had this BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I've had Virtualization Technology on for awhile, but then I OC'd my CPU and maybe 2-3 days later, I started seeing this BSOD when its loading the computer (before login screen). Reason I had Virtualization...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy x360 bootres.dll

2. windows 10 wont start with smv enabled

3. can enabling virtualization on my laptop disrupt the settings