Windows 10: Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted

Discus and support Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I have windows 10 on my computer (i5 8400, GTX 1060 6gb, Asus TUF B360M-Plus motherboard), and from one day to another windows wont start on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlayerAndre, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted

Hey! I have windows 10 on my computer (i5 8400, GTX 1060 6gb, Asus TUF B360M-Plus motherboard), and from one day to another windows wont start on my computer. Yesterday everything was fine and today, when I turned my PC on it keept on a black screen for hours. So I tryed to turn it off and on several times (by manualy clicking on the start button) and then after like 8 restarts it showed the ASUS logo instead of the black screen and it went to the BIOS. When on the BIOS, everytime I restarted it went to the BIOS again instead of launching windows and sudenly now it is on the black screen again.

submitted by /u/PlayerAndre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlayerAndre, May 24, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 24, 2020
  3. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2020
  4. JanJan Win User

Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted

Computer stuck at MB screen boot

My computer is refusing to boot. Most of the time it would stuck at the MB screen where you would press a button to enter bios. Other time it would get pass that point and go to the windows logo loading then restart itself.

Note: i can enter bios most of the time. my keyboard would register command at MB screen but wouldnt register when i try to choose between dual boot win 7 or ubuntu. sometimes it would be able to go into the windows recovery (cant recover) and restart the loop

I'm thinking it's a power supply or RAM problem...?

additional info: before this happen my computer wont boot at all. i have to remove the speaker and 1 fan for it to boot. if i leave those on, there would be a 1 second long beep and screen stay dark. thank you for any help

JanJan, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted

1. Windows wont start, PC is stuck on black screen on BIOS screen when booted - Similar Threads - wont start stuck

2. Pc stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck on black screen: Whenever I turn on my pc it shows windows logo then it loading as it boots up but then it just goes to a black screen I am unable to do anything and don’t know what to do...
  3. How to fix black screen after BIOS screen when booting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen after BIOS screen when booting?: My PC turns on and displays BIOS but not the sign in screen like before. This only happens in normal boot, in safe mode I can see sign in screen and everything after signing in.I've tried running cmd to fix corrupted files with no luck.I also deleted recent installed programs...
  4. How to fix black screen after BIOS screen when booting?

How to fix black screen after BIOS screen when booting?: My PC turns on and displays BIOS but not the sign in screen like before. This only happens in normal boot, in safe mode I can see sign in screen and everything after signing in.I've tried running cmd to fix corrupted files with no luck.I also deleted recent installed programs...
  5. Lenovo Boot loop, Bios Black Screen, Wont boot to windows either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Boot loop, Bios Black Screen, Wont boot to windows either: I have tried doing everything I can think of. I got it to reset once, then after it start doing this. The novo button doesn't work either. Just keeps looping through the lenovo logo. When I try to use f2,f8, or f12 it just shows a black screen. I'm thinking this is hardware...
  6. Lenovo Boot loop, Bios Black Screen, Wont boot to windows either

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Boot loop, Bios Black Screen, Wont boot to windows either: I have tried doing everything I can think of. I got it to reset once, then after it start doing this. The novo button doesn't work either. Just keeps looping through the lenovo logo. When I try to use f2,f8, or f12 it just shows a black screen. I'm thinking this is hardware...
  7. Lenovo Boot loop, Bios Black Screen, Wont boot to windows either

8. My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows wont start and it is with a black screen.: Hi, recently i received a laptop from my older brother and the first thing i did was to format him, but after the formattion finished, the screen got black and didnt demonstrate any signals not even the startup windows symbol. What should i do? obs: windows 10...
  9. PC wont boot past bios splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont boot past bios splash screen: I have a seperate thread in BSOD forum. As paart of fixing the problems I downlaod a memtest program and shut down my pc to run it. On startup the pc went to the bios splash screen (ASUS) and now just sits there. It wont enter the bios or do anything. I'm assuming it is a...
  10. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...