Windows 10: Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work [solved]

Discus and support Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work [solved] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's solved I just post it in case it could help. Yesterday I fully charged my laptop (XPS 17, Windows 10). I rarely do that. This morning I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chok, Jul 30, 2020.

1. chok Win User

Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work [solved]

It's solved I just post it in case it could help.

Yesterday I fully charged my laptop (XPS 17, Windows 10). I rarely do that. This morning I could not start it: blue screen of death
    I ran a startup repair which faied: it says it could not repair and that the log file is E:\WINDOWS... (there is no E drive)

I ran several command like:

• bootrec.exe/scanos (it says: total identified installation0 )
    • chkdsk : error detected in the upper file case (stage3)
    • chkdsk c: /f (no error)
    • chkdsk c: /r: no error
    • sfc /scannow (tooks 5mn and says "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation")

Finally I did unplug everything from the computer (eg. headset, USB, charger...), and it solved the problem. Might be a static electricity problem.

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work

Hi, have you yet done what I suggested and checked your disk? It's no good whatsoever trying to repair an OS on a duff disk. That's got to be your starting point.

aswRvrt.sys is an Avast driver apparently

If you research
    aswRvrt.sys won't boot
    etc
    you will get a number of hits- most of them refer to Win 7 and some rather arcane fixes.

Ideally you would be able to boot into Safe Mode and run Avast's uninstaller tool. However, that's not possible.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't start error Startup repair fails to work

Hey,

Windows 10 won't boot and gives a boot error - Startup repair fails to work.

I have checked many online forums and tried many solutions with no success - I have made this post so people can go through various steps with me in order to attempt to fix it. (I don't have a system restore however I have a win10 USB)

Thanks in advance

JacquesRascagneres, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work [solved] - Similar Threads - won't start Startup

2. startup repair won't recognise password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup repair won't recognise password: My PC crashed and now won't boot past the Windows logo. I'm able to access startup repair and safe mode, but actions in startup repair require a login. I use my Microsoft account as a the administrator login, but startup repair won't recognise either my pin which I usually...
  3. startup repair won't recognise password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startup repair won't recognise password: My PC crashed and now won't boot past the Windows logo. I'm able to access startup repair and safe mode, but actions in startup repair require a login. I use my Microsoft account as a the administrator login, but startup repair won't recognise either my pin which I usually...
  4. startup repair won't recognise password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows won't start - can't repair

Windows won't start - can't repair: Hello everyone,Built a PC in 2018. It has windows 10 on it.Main drive where windows is installed is a SSD.Second drive is HDD.General usage of computer. Yesterday while using my pc I got a blue screen of death. It said it couldnt find some file, which unfortunately I didn't...
  6. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  7. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  8. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Explorer.exe won't start@startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe won't start@startup: Windows did an force update when computer was at idle. Now i just get an black screen with cmd. I have had this problem before on windows 7 and 8.1. (Reinstalled a couple of times before that, different computer build, new hardware) Now at least get cmd to typ "explorer.exe"...
  10. Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work: I've been having issues for awhile, but it normally snaps out of it or repair works, but this time... The other day, I restarted my computer and now it goes straight to Startup Repair and then tells me autorepair can't help. I burnt the repair disc that Microsoft put out...