Windows 10: windows wont start up normally

Discus and support windows wont start up normally in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows wont start up normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-wont-start-up-normally/aaec001d-5e47-4259-8aed-e94291690015 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cant start window up, Dec 10, 2018.

1. windows wont start up normally

windows wont start up normally

:)

cant start window up, Dec 10, 2018
  2. t260g Win User

windows xp wont start

after going through POST,this computer loads the options "safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally..." etc. after trying all of the options, it loads to the windows screen showing the XP logo. after it has completed loading a black screen opens with the mouse cursor, and it wont go any farther. you can move the mouse around, but that is all.

what i have tried so far:

i have used the windows XP disk and tried recover console commands:
    chkdsk
    fixmbr

tried to restore NTLDR and Ntdetect using these commands:
    copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\

copy d:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

tried to restore Hal.dll From the Windows XP CD:
    expand d:\i386\hal.dl_

c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

i also tried a PE builder using the software installed on it:
    western digital diagnostic
    ms checkdisk

i cleared the bad sector that came up using western digital diagnostic, but that didnt help.

can i get some suggestions? i usually dont encounter these problems, any ideas and procedures will help, thanks

t260g, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 10, 2018
  4. windows wont start up normally

Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

windows wont start up normally

1. windows wont start up normally - Similar Threads - wont start normally

2. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  3. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  4. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. selective start up cant change to normal start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selective start up cant change to normal start up: discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button...
  6. selective start up cant change to normal start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    selective start up cant change to normal start up: discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button...
  7. Pc wont finish starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont finish starting up: I have turned on my pc and it gets to the windows screen like it would just before it starts and nothing happens no loading symbol. It stays like this I tried to get into automatic repair by restarting it 2-3 times it gets to the logo screen and says prepairing automatic...
  8. Windows 10 wont start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont start up: My Windows 10 is having trouble starting up, it was working fine before it suddenly stopped working. I just got to a screen that informed me that Windows could not automatically repair itself. It have not started up since. I tried to do a system restore at a few of the points...
  9. Will a notebook start up normally if the keyboard is faulty?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will a notebook start up normally if the keyboard is faulty?: A couple months back I replaced the keyboard of my HP Pavilion notebook (as the previous one was having some key problems). I did an "unconventional" replacement, because prior to buying a replacement keyboard, I did not know that HP changed their notebook designs to make the...
  10. Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up: Another thread prompted me to have a look see at msconfig. To my surprise I find I'm operating with "Selective Start UP: [img] Only twice has this machine been accessed by someone other than myself, 1. A Microsoft Tech (3rd party) for Office installation and 2. A...