Windows 10: Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

Discus and support Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone else experiencing windows not turning off their screen as scheduled? If so is there a fix to get it to turn off as scheduled? 29472 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pinefang, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Pinefang Win User

Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

Is anyone else experiencing windows not turning off their screen as scheduled? If so is there a fix to get it to turn off as scheduled?

:)

Pinefang, Nov 10, 2015
  2. Dan_102 Win User

Windows 10 Disconnected Displays-where did they go?

The reply is not helpful. I have a similar problem and I use updated Nvidia drivers. There is a problem with Windows 10 handling multiple monitors. If I knew what the problem was, I'd say, but I don't. I do know that Windows 10 won't recognize monitors
    I've turned off, even though those monitors have updated drivers. The only work around I've found is to uninstall the video card drivers entirely, and re-install them. This seems to allow Windows 10 to recognize them again. But, don't turn off the monitor,
    as Windows 10 won't see it anymore. Then, it's uninstall the driver and re-install it again to get Windows 10 to work.

Dan_102, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Doogr Win User
    Blank screen after November Windows 10 update

I had a similar issue with my Acer 's monitor when the latetest update was installing.

I messed my whole system up trying to reboot etc. to discover that the update messes something up in the power. My monitor was lit up but black screen like you experienced. I could not turn turn it off (light stayed on) I unplugged it and plugged it in and
    it seemed to be reset.

Not knowing this of course I messed up Windows by powering off and on not knowing the monitor was the problem.

Since my only solution was to roll back to an earlier build of Win 10 the monitor issue is gone but sooner or later this update will come back.

Doogr, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

I have several Windows 10 machines that dim or turn off the monitor as scheduled. How do you have it set in your power profile? Do you have the latest video and monitor drivers loaded?

DeaconFrost, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

1. Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10. - Similar Threads - won't turn monitor

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  4. My PC won't turn off or display on monitor.

My PC won't turn off or display on monitor.: I might have accidentally unplugged my PC while it was in sleep mode. This has caused my PC to not display anything on any monitor, even on different ports. This has also caused my PC to not be able to shut off without holding down the power button. Also, I have unplugged the...
  5. Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off: Hi there, When windows turns off my monitors currently set to 1 hour, Sleep is set to never, my computer won't output anything to my display even though it's working. If I unplug all 3 displays and plug 1 back in it will flash no input detected and the only thing that will...
  6. Monitors Won't Turn Off

Monitors Won't Turn Off: I set my power button to "turn display off". When I click the button, my display turns off, but turn back on immediately afterwards. It used to work fine until today. I made a few changes between yesterday and today: I installed iCloud and iTunes as well as altServer. I...
  7. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  8. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  9. New Video card monitor won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Video card monitor won't turn off.: I bough a Zotac 750 Ti 2GB and I have my monitor temporarily connected via VGA via the included DVI to VGA adapter (until I get a MiniHDMI to HDMI adapter) Whenever Windowstries to turn off the monitor, the monitor instead says "cable is disconnected" indefinitely. I have...
  10. Laptop won't turn off or restart properly since Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't turn off or restart properly since Windows 10 upgrade: Hi. I'm new to this forum, but not to computers. And this is weird... I recently started trying out Windows 10. It's buggy and frustrating, but it's still in preview mode, so... That's expected. Nothing was working when I installed build 10074 off disc, so I installed...