Windows 10: Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

Discus and support Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone else experiencing windows not turning off their screen as scheduled? If so is there a fix to get it to turn off as scheduled? 29472 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pinefang, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Pinefang Win User

Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

Is anyone else experiencing windows not turning off their screen as scheduled? If so is there a fix to get it to turn off as scheduled?

:)

Pinefang, Nov 10, 2015
  2. Dan_102 Win User

Windows 10 Disconnected Displays-where did they go?

The reply is not helpful. I have a similar problem and I use updated Nvidia drivers. There is a problem with Windows 10 handling multiple monitors. If I knew what the problem was, I'd say, but I don't. I do know that Windows 10 won't recognize monitors
    I've turned off, even though those monitors have updated drivers. The only work around I've found is to uninstall the video card drivers entirely, and re-install them. This seems to allow Windows 10 to recognize them again. But, don't turn off the monitor,
    as Windows 10 won't see it anymore. Then, it's uninstall the driver and re-install it again to get Windows 10 to work.

Dan_102, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Doogr Win User
    Blank screen after November Windows 10 update

I had a similar issue with my Acer 's monitor when the latetest update was installing.

I messed my whole system up trying to reboot etc. to discover that the update messes something up in the power. My monitor was lit up but black screen like you experienced. I could not turn turn it off (light stayed on) I unplugged it and plugged it in and
    it seemed to be reset.

Not knowing this of course I messed up Windows by powering off and on not knowing the monitor was the problem.

Since my only solution was to roll back to an earlier build of Win 10 the monitor issue is gone but sooner or later this update will come back.

Doogr, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

I have several Windows 10 machines that dim or turn off the monitor as scheduled. How do you have it set in your power profile? Do you have the latest video and monitor drivers loaded?

DeaconFrost, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10.

1. Windows won't turn the monitor off since installing Win 10. - Similar Threads - won't turn monitor

2. Monitors turned off suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turned off suddenly: I use a laptop with two connected monitors. This system worked without any problems for a few years. Currently I am facing a random issue. All of a sudden my two monitors went dark and I saw all the apps and files on the laptop screen. I restart the system and the move all...
  3. turning off monitor at night

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off monitor at night: how do I make the monitor turn off at night so it doesn't keep the living room lit up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-monitor-at-night/66d1ddc9-cbc5-48e5-9aab-c95bc281c046
  4. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  5. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  6. New Video card monitor won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Video card monitor won't turn off.: I bough a Zotac 750 Ti 2GB and I have my monitor temporarily connected via VGA via the included DVI to VGA adapter (until I get a MiniHDMI to HDMI adapter) Whenever Windowstries to turn off the monitor, the monitor instead says "cable is disconnected" indefinitely. I have...
  7. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496
  8. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...
  9. Laptop won't turn off or restart properly since Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't turn off or restart properly since Windows 10 upgrade: Hi. I'm new to this forum, but not to computers. And this is weird... I recently started trying out Windows 10. It's buggy and frustrating, but it's still in preview mode, so... That's expected. Nothing was working when I installed build 10074 off disc, so I installed...
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252