Windows 10: Windows won’t unmute

Discus and support Windows won’t unmute in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had a meeting today and my microphone wouldn’t unmute. I went into setting and sound and I used the automatic windows helper to unmute it and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReyreyG, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows won’t unmute

I had a meeting today and my microphone wouldn’t unmute. I went into setting and sound and I used the automatic windows helper to unmute it and it said it did. I refreshed the page and it keeps saying it unmute. I manually tried and it wouldn’t unmute. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but it’s getting me mad. Help please.

submitted by /u/ReyreyG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReyreyG, Feb 23, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Windows won’t unmute

Can't unmute microphone?

Hi,

In general, the microphone is on mute. We'd like to clarify following steps that you've done and ask you a few questions:

• When you unmute the microphone, is it via Recording tab under
      Recording devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any newly installed applications that may have caused this?
    • Is this an on going issue or recent?

Erika Aro, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows won’t unmute

1. Windows won’t unmute - Similar Threads - won’t unmute

2. Why my gaming pc won’t go to my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my gaming pc won’t go to my monitor: So I was factory resetting it and it got stuck at 85% for like 2 days so I searched up what to do and it told me to turn it off, so I did and when I turned it back on it didn’t go to my monitor but it still powered on and i tried different monitors and still nothing and it...
  3. Why my gaming pc won’t go to my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my gaming pc won’t go to my monitor: So I was factory resetting it and it got stuck at 85% for like 2 days so I searched up what to do and it told me to turn it off, so I did and when I turned it back on it didn’t go to my monitor but it still powered on and i tried different monitors and still nothing and it...
  4. Why my gaming pc won’t go to my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  6. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  7. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  8. Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation

Why won’t it let me log into my Microsoft account on my PlayStation: It keeps saying that I successfully logged in, but when I get on Minecraft on still not logged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-let-me-log-into-my-microsoft-account/28874891-5d22-41ad-b225-327a2206ab86
  9. Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!: Hi,I made Feb Windows security update manually through Microsoft Update Catalog site, but while Configuring Windows Update the progress blue screen the power went down and the laptop shut down.After restarting it, I got a blinking / flashing screen which was showing me my...
  10. Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!

Windows 10- 64 won’t start again!: Hi,I made Feb Windows security update manually through Microsoft Update Catalog site, but while Configuring Windows Update the progress blue screen the power went down and the laptop shut down.After restarting it, I got a blinking / flashing screen which was showing me my...