Windows 10: Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to...

Discus and support Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright. So I've tried so many things and cannot for the life of me get my windows 10 to update. I'm currently on version 1909, which has reached the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Damien26, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Damien26 Win User

Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to...

Alright. So I've tried so many things and cannot for the life of me get my windows 10 to update. I'm currently on version 1909, which has reached the end of service.Windows update is stuck telling me I need updates but doesn't give me any to install.So to start, I tried all of the following:-manually downloading and installing latest update with windows update assistant from the windows website.-an in-place upgrade/install-Dism, SFC, chkdsk, etc all the command prompt tools to clean up your system.-deleting the Windows Update Store folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, uninstalling windows

:)

Damien26, Jul 29, 2021
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to...

1. Windows won't update - installs, restarts, attempts to boot into new version only to... - Similar Threads - won't update installs

2. Installed windows on new ssd and removed old hdd but won't boot after install and restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed windows on new ssd and removed old hdd but won't boot after install and restart.: So I installed a windows 10 on a 250gig ssd. Everything worked fine and windows did its thing. I restarted the comp a few times and no issues. Decided to take out the old intel hdd from the Dell but after I did. It doesn't load from the ssd. I hit f12 to go into boot and...
  3. Installed windows on new ssd and removed old hdd but won't boot after install and restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed windows on new ssd and removed old hdd but won't boot after install and restart.: So I installed a windows 10 on a 250gig ssd. Everything worked fine and windows did its thing. I restarted the comp a few times and no issues. Decided to take out the old intel hdd from the Dell but after I did. It doesn't load from the ssd. I hit f12 to go into boot and...
  4. Installed windows on new ssd and removed old hdd but won't boot after install and restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC won't boot at all from restarting during update installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot at all from restarting during update installation: I was doing some work on my PC, until I noticed that it started slowing down horribly from being updated. I tried going into the Settings tab and stopping/pausing the update from there, but the update tab won't even load for me. I hit restart on my PC and now it won't boot....
  6. Windows new version won't install

Windows new version won't install: I tried to install the newest version of windows 10. It starts but then stops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-new-version-wont-install/1115a5e1-225d-4ce9-8519-6bd0eff22dd3
  7. windows won't boot after numerous failed attempts to install an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows won't boot after numerous failed attempts to install an update: So for the past week or two my laptop has been failing to install an update (it wasn't one of the major updates) and had been giving me the removing updates screen after which windows loaded. I was getting sick of that earlier so I decided to uninstall it and install it...
  8. New install, won't boot with new vid card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New install, won't boot with new vid card: Just reinstalled w10 to the latest update. Installed Asus 750TI with 6 pin power and the pc will <not >even get to the bios. Note: this is with the monitor plugged into the mobos video. IF I unplug the 6 pin the PC will then boot up. How exactly do I get this card...
  9. My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version.: My computer is restarting at an attempt to load an updated insider version. I have a third party program on a thump drive that allows access to the troubled system. How can I restore my PC? Win 10 Insider....
  10. Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart

Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart: The system tries to push the update 1803 on a regular basis, but each time it fails to reboot. It hangs after the first BIOS initialisation and Windows tries to take over. Luckily I can get reset the PC and Windows recovers the PC to the former status. It shows the...