Windows 10: Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

Discus and support Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I'm trying to download the latest version of windows, the update assistant keeps printing "You cant install windows on a USB flash drive using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chonky_Monky, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

Whenever I'm trying to download the latest version of windows, the update assistant keeps printing "You cant install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." It's being downloaded to my desktop, and nothing seems to be working. Any Ideas? Specs; Processor: Intel core i9-9900k CPU @ 3.60GHzRam: 32 GBGPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 and 3060Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB

:)

Chonky_Monky, Jan 27, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

1. Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop - Similar Threads - Won't Update Onto

2. Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop: Whenever I'm trying to download the latest version of windows, the update assistant keeps printing "You cant install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." It's being downloaded to my desktop, and nothing seems to be working. Any Ideas? Error Code: 0xc1900201Specs;...
  3. Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't Update Onto Desktop: Whenever I'm trying to download the latest version of windows, the update assistant keeps printing "You cant install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." It's being downloaded to my desktop, and nothing seems to be working. Any Ideas? Error Code: 0xc1900201Specs;...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop won't update to 2022-11 Cumulative Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop won't update to 2022-11 Cumulative Update.: The computer won't install the update. I've tried restarting and clean restarting. I've also tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it keeps saying "Check for Windows Update issues -- Detected" under "Problems Found." For all of the other issues, it says, "Issue...
  5. Windows 11 Desktop won't update to 2022-11 Cumulative Update.

Windows 11 Desktop won't update to 2022-11 Cumulative Update.: The computer won't install the update. I've tried restarting and clean restarting. I've also tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it keeps saying "Check for Windows Update issues -- Detected" under "Problems Found." For all of the other issues, it says, "Issue...
  6. Why won't it download onto the USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't it download onto the USB?: Hello, I am trying to install the "Create Windows 10 installation media" on a separate USB completely empty and it keeps giving me the same error code 0x80080005-090018. How do I fix this?...
  7. Why won't it download onto the USB?

Why won't it download onto the USB?: Hello, I am trying to install the "Create Windows 10 installation media" on a separate USB completely empty and it keeps giving me the same error code 0x80080005-090018. How do I fix this?...
  8. Why won't it download onto the USB?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  10. Some pictures saved onto desktop not showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Some pictures saved onto desktop not showing on desktop: Hello all, need some help please. My problem: Using the Windows Snipping Tool, I save a screen shot as jpg file on my desktop. However, after saving, the jpg file does not show on desktop, although it DID in fact save it on desktop because I see it through file...