Windows 10: Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup

Discus and support Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; oh my god i am so far beyond losing my patience. I wanted to reset my windows, so i tried to, through the built in reset option in settings. I waited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WarrenHulick, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup

oh my god i am so far beyond losing my patience. I wanted to reset my windows, so i tried to, through the built in reset option in settings. I waited 20 hours, and saw my computer was asleep. It booted up and gave me the message “an error occurred while resetting your pc- no changes were made” so i searched for a day and found that my windows could be prevented from reinstalling if it isnt updated fully. So i went into settings, and found 2 updates that hadnt been installed. The first one downloaded fine, then the second got to a low percentage, restarted, and continued in a loop never going past 25%. I looked up why my windows couldnt update, and found that a certain driver update for intel prevents the windows update from happening. I have amd ryzen, not intel. Regardless, i updated my drivers and found no change in the failure of my windows to update itself. So i went to windows support. (The official website, not a scam) I found that the ai didnt have any solutions, so i went to a “top advisor” and got a response in 20 minutes with a link to the update tool. I used the tool to update my windows, it didnt work. I waited over 24 hours before turning my computer off and on again, only to find a black screen.

:)

WarrenHulick, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Aug 9, 2019
  3. windows 7 startup black screen problem

All of sudden my laptop hanged and loud noise and black screen appeared , thereafter it is unable to start, I tried running startup repair but it has not helped as well.

I am able to run in safe mode but not normally. Tried even starting from last known best config but it is also not starting it, just showing black screen.

If I go to recovery manager while launching startup repair, it I'd showing option to restore windows, will it remove all data rrom all partitions ? I have 3 total partition apart from recovery drive, all main data in other drive than c drive where windows is installed..

freebird_9924, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup

1. Windows wont update, tried fixing and now i have a black screen on startup - Similar Threads - wont update tried

2. windows 10 wont update error 0x80070643. I have tried suggested fixes, still will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 wont update error 0x80070643. I have tried suggested fixes, still will not...: Windows will not update version below. I have tried the fixes suggested but still does not completely update. version 21H2 Build 19044.3086 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update-error-0x80070643-i-have/71e8e2d0-9a88-4d22-9b79-5a62bf43eebf
  3. windows 10 wont update error 0x80070643. I have tried suggested fixes, still will not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 wont update error 0x80070643. I have tried suggested fixes, still will not...: Windows will not update version below. I have tried the fixes suggested but still does not completely update. version 21H2 Build 19044.3086 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update-error-0x80070643-i-have/71e8e2d0-9a88-4d22-9b79-5a62bf43eebf
  4. windows 10 wont update error 0x80070643. I have tried suggested fixes, still will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Overwatch Black Screen on startup or launch [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Overwatch Black Screen on startup or launch [Fix]: [IMG]Are you facing a black screen issue in Overwatch on your Windows PC? As reported by some Overwatch users, they keep getting a black screen whenever they launch the game. At the same time, some users have complained that they experience a black screen suddenly during...
  6. Installed win 11 update, now have no display/black screen. How do i fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed win 11 update, now have no display/black screen. How do i fix: I updated my pc from win 10 to 11, was working completely fine after installing win 11 initially. Played a few hours and had another win 11 cumulative update, after pressing restart once download was finished pc booted into black screen and gpu not turning on. Installed new...
  7. Installed win 11 update, now have no display/black screen. How do i fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed win 11 update, now have no display/black screen. How do i fix: I updated my pc from win 10 to 11, was working completely fine after installing win 11 initially. Played a few hours and had another win 11 cumulative update, after pressing restart once download was finished pc booted into black screen and gpu not turning on. Installed new...
  8. mar 14th update for windows 10, now i have no signal to screen. I have tried other screens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mar 14th update for windows 10, now i have no signal to screen. I have tried other screens...: I updated windows 10 on Mar 14 2023. Everything worked fine before this update. Now my graphics card doesn't work and it's not the connection, monitor is recieving no signal. How do i fix this problem?...
  9. mar 14th update for windows 10, now i have no signal to screen. I have tried other screens...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mar 14th update for windows 10, now i have no signal to screen. I have tried other screens...: I updated windows 10 on Mar 14 2023. Everything worked fine before this update. Now my graphics card doesn't work and it's not the connection, monitor is recieving no signal. How do i fix this problem?...
  10. Advanced startup having a black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced startup having a black screen: Initially my computer was running fine but a few hours later the screen started flickering. It was annoying but I just ignored it until my entire screen became black. I guessed it's a driver issue, so I uninstalled the Intel video driver. after that though upon logging in...