Windows 10: Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing

Discus and support Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC crashed a couple of days ago and would not restart - it kept going into recovery mode. I hadn't installed any new software or hardware. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shortly Sheffield, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing

My PC crashed a couple of days ago and would not restart - it kept going into recovery mode. I hadn't installed any new software or hardware. I could only get it to run in safe mode. All the usual fixes failed but I was eventually able to reinstall Windows from a USB drive. However it seems very unstable and I'm not sure it has installed any of the drivers for the hardware. The display is very low res and is showing just the basic Windows driver for the graphics card. When I try to download the driver for my graphics card the download fails after a while - this is happening with files from other sites as well so it's not a problem with the driver site. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Shortly Sheffield, Apr 28, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 23, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 23, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 23, 2020
  5. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, May 23, 2020
  6. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing

1. Windows would not boot up, reinstalled and now keeps crashing - Similar Threads - boot reinstalled keeps

2. Windows crashes, then reinstall, now other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes, then reinstall, now other issues.: I have at this point done a full reinstall on windows... it seems somewhat better, but... now they pc keeps just occassionally restarting, it has log messages but I am having a hard time trying to clearly determine why it is still having issues. It did, literally give me a...
  3. Windows crashes, then reinstall, now other issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes, then reinstall, now other issues.: I have at this point done a full reinstall on windows... it seems somewhat better, but... now they pc keeps just occassionally restarting, it has log messages but I am having a hard time trying to clearly determine why it is still having issues. It did, literally give me a...
  4. Windows would not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows would not boot: So I was gonna turn on my PC and it was checking the disk and once I pressed enter to cancel and it blue screened and in Windows 7, I attempted to boot into it and it just black screened with the cursor. Startup repair did not work. How do I fix it?...
  5. Windows crashing on boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing on boot up: It is unclear what is actually going on, I have tried to reinstall windows 10 via a recovery drive. All works well and Windows installs correctly. Until I restart the machine. The motherboard boots just past the BIOS option and freezes. I have run out of ideas and options. I...
  6. Windows crashing on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing on boot up: It is unclear what is actually going on, I have tried to reinstall windows 10 via a recovery drive. All works well and Windows installs correctly. Until I restart the machine. The motherboard boots just past the BIOS option and freezes. I have run out of ideas and options. I...
  7. Windows crashing on boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Windows keep crashing before booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows keep crashing before booting up: I recently tried to turn off BitLocker on my drives and in the process 42.8% my laptop froze and I couldn't move anything even the curser, so I forced restart my laptop by holding down power button. But before it even reaches the desktop, I was presented with a screen that...
  9. Windows crashed? would not sleep, so told it to sleep, now no boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows crashed? would not sleep, so told it to sleep, now no boot: Last night I told it to sleep, I thought maybe related to network sharing I had setup? It fell silent, fans off. This am, fans running screen off, move mouse screen wakes showing log in screen, screen blips off and on every few seconds, can not interact with the screen....
  10. Windows not booting up after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting up after reinstall: I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it. Now the issue is that it doesn't start up after the whole setup thing where it asks for your name and other settings. It's...