Windows 10: Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Discus and support Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I've stopped getting any notifications for new mail unless I manually open the Mail app. I checked task manager and learned that Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian Patterson, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Recently, I've stopped getting any notifications for new mail unless I manually open the Mail app. I checked task manager and learned that Windows is suspending the app, preventing it from checking new messages. Mail issupposed to run in the background if left idle; it can't do its job otherwise.

Is there a way to prevent Windows from suspending the app? Or am I just supposed to leave a Mail window open at all times now?

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app b25f5eff-fcae-449f-bea8-e584736327cf?upload=true.png

:)

Ian Patterson, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 2, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

1. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app - Similar Threads - wrongfully suspending Mail

2. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  3. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  4. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App: When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-sender-shown-in-mail-app/a27f3c43-0875-4747-8465-1c4d983b2332
  5. Windows MAIL suspended?

Windows MAIL suspended?: I NEED THIS MAIL WORKING TODAY! I wake up, turn on my PC and EMAIL MAIL icon is missing. Look into TASK MANAGER and I see the MAIL is "SUSPENDED" ...? How do I fix this or will it miraculously turn on on it's own? I also DO NOT NEED "try this & that". ==>I NEED<==...
  6. Suspended app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended app: How to enable suspended apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspended-app/088cbb37-972e-4e3f-94d0-38b9d1dec9f8
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.: Hello Windows 10 Default Mail app keep suspending in background and i don't receive New mail notifications until i open the app. I am a power user so please keep the don't ask me to uninstall then reinstall, reset or these kind of thing BECAUSE I DID ALL THAT and at this...
  8. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from suspending apps? It recently started to suspend the Mail app, and this seems to be preventing it from checking new messages, meaning I no longer get any email notifications unless I manually open the app. [ATTACH] Is there...
  9. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is...
  10. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...