Windows 10: Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

Discus and support Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the latest Ubuntu installed using WSL 2 on Windows 11. Recently, when the computer goes to lock-screen or just after a couple of hours of idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slow smooth, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

I have the latest Ubuntu installed using WSL 2 on Windows 11. Recently, when the computer goes to lock-screen or just after a couple of hours of idle technically PHP and Node/Npm/VIte servers are running, I get IO errors and can't do anything. Restarting Ubuntu shell doesn't solve it. I have to reboot my computer and then I can use Ubuntu again. I'm not sure what is causing this and don't know how to fix it.

:)

Slow smooth, Jul 10, 2024

2. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.

I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. (I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!)

When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a message to run wsl --shutdown and wsl --unregister <Distro name>.

No distros are registered at the time. After googling I set my default version of WSL to 1 and opened the MS Store Ubuntu 22.04 again. It installed and I set up my user and password. The I tried to set the version to 2 as stated in the google results. Error.

wsl --set-version Ubuntu-22.04 2

For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2

Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes.

A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

I can't find any help on this.

I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 and got this:

Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0xc03a0014

Error: 0xc03a0014 A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

Press any key to continue...

Nothing anywhere on that error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

Ray in Tampa, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors 2919454b-06d0-4c7b-bbc2-d87ccc4b45f3?upload=true.png

I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04

sonalmathur, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

WSL 2 Error

I Installed WSL 2 recently and started getting the following error , once I open the windows/Ubuntu terminal

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

Error code: Wsl/Service/CreateInstance/CreateVm/0x800700e1

[process exited with code 4294967295 (0xffffffff)]

Kindly help me to troubleshoot this error.

Thank you

Raghavendra V, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

1. Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors - Similar Threads - WSL Ubuntu Errors

2. Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows WSL 2 - Ubuntu - IO Errors: I have the latest Ubuntu installed using WSL 2 on Windows 11. Recently, when the computer goes to lock-screen or just after a couple of hours of idle technically PHP and Node/Npm/VIte servers are running, I get IO errors and can't do anything. Restarting Ubuntu shell doesn't...
  3. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  4. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2: Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a...
  5. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  6. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  7. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Announcing Ubuntu on Windows Community Preview for WSL 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Ubuntu on Windows Community Preview for WSL 2: We are thrilled to release the Ubuntu on Windows Community Preview, a special build of Ubuntu for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) that serves as a sandbox for experimenting with new features and functionality. Over the past year, we have proudly hosted two WSL...
  9. WSL 2 Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL 2 Ubuntu: Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm using Windows Subsystem for linux version 2 to use Ubuntu and recently I've found out that my Ubuntu terminal is not giving any output when I type "Who" command. Can anybody help me? Thank you....
  10. How to ssh into WSL 2 Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to ssh into WSL 2 Ubuntu?: Please would someone be so kind as to provide a clear and neat set up for ssh-ing from an external machine into WSL 2, and that doesn't need re-doing each time the machine is restarted. TL;DR Please do not point me to a blog article unless you are *certain* it worked for...