Windows 10: Windows Xbox app won't sign in

Discus and support Windows Xbox app won't sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Windows Xbox worked before, but now it won't sign in. Pressing the login button brings up a gray popup that blinks twice and does nothing: I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllisonEspinoza528, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Windows Xbox app won't sign in

Hi, Windows Xbox worked before, but now it won't sign in. Pressing the login button brings up a gray popup that blinks twice and does nothing: I have tried many things: - uninstall / reinstall - app reset - uninstall / remove everything that xbox says from the registry with regedit / reinstall Nothing works and I can't play my games without logging into xbox live, so Forza Horizon 4 will launch but won't let me play.

:)

AllisonEspinoza528, Oct 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Xbox App Sign in error (0x409) 0x80070005

Hi,

Corrupted profile data, an outdated version of the app, and software conflicts that occur when signing in are some of the factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Let's isolate
    your concern by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you using an administrator user profile?
    • Have you tried signing in to other built-in Windows 10 apps like the Store app to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user data. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the
      Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select
      Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Oct 18, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Changing some the network settings can help to resolve the issue. To change your network settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Internet Options in the search box.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click on the
      LAN settings button.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN, and then check
      Automatically detect settings.
    • Click OK, and then click OK
      again to save the settings.
    • Launch Xbox app and sign in again.

If you still unable to sign in to Xbox app, kindly reset the app from the Settings menu by performing the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows Xbox app won't sign in

Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Thank you for the information. Can you tell us if you have another Microsoft accounts associated with your Windows 10? Also, can you tell us if you recently changed your account password? For us to isolate more your concern, we suggest that you sign in your
    Microsoft account online through Xbox.com to make sure that you can access it normally. If so, let's remove the account that you're trying to sign in on the Xbox app by performing the following steps:

• On your PC, press the Windows key and select the gear icon to access
      Settings page.
    • Go to Accounts.
    • Find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select
      Remove
    • Go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Xbox app won't sign in

1. Windows Xbox app won't sign in - Similar Threads - Xbox app won't

2. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  3. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows it's signed into my account but that is it no progress is shown. If anyone knows...
  4. Windows Xbox app won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Xbox app won't sign in: Hi, Windows Xbox worked before, but now it won't sign in. Pressing the login button brings up a gray popup that blinks twice and does nothing: I have tried many things: - uninstall / reinstall - app reset - uninstall / remove everything that xbox says from the registry with...
  5. The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Xbox App and game bar won't let me sign in to Xbox: When I click "sign in" the mini-window opens up, flickers a few times and then closes.The Microsoft account for windows is the same one as my xbox account.This isn't happening anywhere else, I can sign in through chrome, but NOT in any windows app....
  6. Windows Xbox app won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Xbox app won't sign in: The xbox app was working before but now won't sign in. Hitting the sign in button brings up a grey pop up that flickers twice and doesn't do anything: [IMG] I have tried a lot of things: * uninstall/reinstall * app reset * app refresh * uninstall/remove everything...
  7. Microsoft Store useless, Xbox App won't sign me in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store useless, Xbox App won't sign me in.: Hello all. I've been having issues with my Microsoft Store & Xbox App. Constant, almost always different error codes when trying to install OR EVEN UPDATE apps/games through the MS Store, and the Xbox App won't sign me in. I click "Sign In" and it literally does nothing. I...
  8. Apps won't sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps won't sign in: I am able to sign into the store with no problems. But apps won't sign in. I am trying to sign into Minecraft but it just says failed. Fallout Shelter gave me "Error Code 8 HResult: #80004005"...
  9. Xbox App not signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not signing in: I recently bought a subscription to the PC Gamepass to try it out. But on redownloading the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 I cannot seem to sign in at all. On opening the app I'll get a login screen where it finds my account and asks me to select it. On selecting it it'll...
  10. xbox app on windows 10 won't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app on windows 10 won't sign in: error 0x87DD0006, many times a try to sign in give this damn error code, oh yes and my phone the app still not work just load and load and crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-on-windows-10-wont-sign-in/a499e683-fe79-432e-b61e-11e6aa0a436d