Windows 10: Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file

Discus and support Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I was going to do some video editing with .mov files I got from my old camera using windows xp movie maker. when I drag or import my .mov video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SuperVictor64, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file

Hello, I was going to do some video editing with .mov files I got from my old camera using windows xp movie maker. when I drag or import my .mov video files I got from my 2006 old camera on windows movie maker, it doesn't support it. is there a way to get windows xp movie maker to support .mov files with a codec or something?

:)

SuperVictor64, Mar 24, 2022

2. windows 10 movie maker not adding .mov files.

Original Titile: windows 10 movie maker

windows 10 movie maker wont add any of my movies ending in .mov I have used this program for many years and never had a problem before

irene45_123, Mar 24, 2022
  3. windows 10 movie maker not adding .mov files.

Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please let us know the following details to assist you better.

• What is the latest version of Movie Maker installed on your computer?
    • Does this issue persist even with other file formats?
    To know the version of your Movie Maker, Open the Movie Maker, press
    ALT + F
    and select About Movie Maker.

Refer to below article about “How do I fix common Movie Maker errors?” and check if you are able to work with Movie Maker:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-common-errors-faq (Applies to
    Windows 10 as well)

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall Movie Maker and check if it helps:

Refer to the below link to uninstall:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-uninstall-ui
    (Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Work around:

Refer to the below article about “Import photos and videos into Movie Maker” and check if it helps:

Import photos and videos into Movie Maker :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-import-photos-videos-camera

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 24, 2022
  4. Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file

Can not play .mov files in Media Player or Movie Maker after upgrading to Windows10

Just upgraded to windows10 and find that I cannot play .mov files in media player or movie maker. Sound comes through on media player but not the video. In movie maker it goes through the preparing step and then I get exclamation marks over the video preview
    on the left. Whem I double click the preview video a message pops up asking if I want to remove the video. On the bottom of the pop up there a "How do I fix this problem?" line I selected and it took me to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...d=0E6A6B6B13674DDB957B74DD2977DED4&wlrefapp=5

The info is as follows:

A photo or video that you add in Movie Maker might appear with an error icon. This indicates that the photo or video can't currently be used in Movie Maker.

Here are some things to try to fix the issue:

• Make sure the video and audio codec that is required to play the video is installed on your computer. For information about determining which codecs are used by a video file, and how to find and install missing codecs, see Codecs:
      frequently asked questions
      on the Windows website.

• If a codec is missing, you might want to try to play the video file in Windows Media Player. For some types of video files, Windows Media Player can automatically download and install missing codecs. If the missing codec can be installed, you can then try
      to add the video file again in Movie Maker. For more information about the types of multimedia files that Windows Media Player supports, as well as additional information about finding codecs, see the article Information
      about the multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports
      on the Microsoft website.

• If a picture or video is missing on the storyboard, make sure that the source photo or video file hasn't been renamed, moved, or deleted.

• Video and music files that are protected with digital rights management (DRM) can't be used in Movie Maker. Remove protected files from the storyboard, and then continue editing.

• If a video appears as a music item on the storyboard, remove the video from the storyboard. Video files can't be used as a soundtrack in Movie Maker.

• If a video, photo, or music file type isn't supported in Movie Maker, remove it from the storyboard. For more information about what types of files you can use in Movie Maker, see What
      kind of files can I use in Movie Maker?

This looks to be a codec issue. If anyone has info please provide assistance.

Thanks

stanleykmiec, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file

1. Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file - Similar Threads - Movie Maker says

2. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  3. How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open a windows movie maker file without windows movie maker software: I have some window movie maker files .wmv from around 2000. They are interviews of my Dad who has since deceased. I have a Dell laptop from 2019, a macbook air from 2022 and an Imac from 2011. What do I need to do to be able to view the .wmv files? Thanks for your help!...
  4. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  5. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  6. Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file

Windows XP Movie Maker says .MOV Files is not a supported file: Hello, I was going to do some video editing with .mov files I got from my old camera using windows xp movie maker. when I drag or import my .mov video files I got from my 2006 old camera on windows movie maker, it doesn't support it. is there a way to get windows xp movie...
  7. File Explorer saying "File is live in Movie Maker" when it isn't?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer saying "File is live in Movie Maker" when it isn't?: I've been editing a trailer in Movie Maker for a couple days now, and I had downloaded a YouTube video to use in it for footage, but I decided that I didn't need it anymore. I had inserted it into Movie Maker and then removed it. I'm trying to delete the file from File...
  8. Windows Movie Maker - can't recognize the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Movie Maker - can't recognize the file: hello, I made a project in windows movie maker in 2014. (it was in a different old computer, but I transferred it all to the new one). Recently I found it and I want to watch my creations there. I could'nt open the file since I don't have movie maker, so I tried to convert...
  9. .MOV files -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .MOV files -: what sw do i need to download to view these video files to see and hear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/c7b6183e-4aff-4ab5-b8b1-d489560e2485
  10. Movie maker clear history/files...

Movie maker clear history/files...: How to clear windows movie maker history?? and why isn't there like a clear history button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-clear-historyfiles/dc21f761-abeb-414a-8c10-e69f50a4da3c