Windows 10: Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have some software that needs Windows XP Pro or Vista to work. Will it work on the new computers with Windows 10? Computer is about to crash and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeMorehead, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

I have some software that needs Windows XP Pro or Vista to work. Will it work on the new computers with Windows 10?

Computer is about to crash and need this software for my business. It is a Point Of Sale and they stopped making it also, but I have years of info and customers on it.

Thanks

:)

JoeMorehead, Aug 10, 2019
  2. easmurthy Win User

Windows XP professional

I am having problems with my PC. The system started rebooting while I was trying to login yesterday. Since then, the system boots up till the Windows XP logo is displayed and starts rebooting. When I tried to go to "Safe Mode" the process stops at "Partition c:\Windows\ststen32\Drivers\Mup.Sys" and starts rebooting. This loop goes on.

Can any one suggest how to repair/reinstall the XP professional edition.

easmurthy, Aug 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

1. Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - professional computer

2. Windows 10 Professional Installation error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Professional Installation error: When I try to install KB4512508 for Windows 10 Professional I get the error code 0x80073701. I have an Office 365 subscription and recently reset or refresh my OS. Please help me with this installation error. I do not want to go through the refresh cycle again even though my...
  3. Microsoft office professional plus 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft office professional plus 2013: Please help.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2013/d97ff0d0-fe4f-4a92-b520-65fddb12b72b"
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional

Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional: Hi...Hallo... *Smile I have a Laptop with existing Windows 10 Home OEM I have another windows license : Windows 8.1 Home Retail Windows 8.1 Profesional Upgrade How should I upgrade my laptop OS to windows 10 profesional without to buy a new license ? Is it possible if I...
  5. Windows 10 Professional. Couldn't network two computers, but they got Internet okay.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Professional. Couldn't network two computers, but they got Internet okay.: I've just ended 3 days of hell dealing with Microsoft after a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on two computers. Both computers got Internet through their Ethernet connections to my router, but neither would consistently see the other for sharing files. (They had networked...
  6. Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.

Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.: I don't have an activation key number and don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-computer-upgraded-to-windows-10/75258809-3a5d-4df0-963a-1c8ed737c0e6"
  7. I am trying yo upload windows 10 to my computer running on windows professional 7 currently...

I am trying yo upload windows 10 to my computer running on windows professional 7 currently...: Keep getting a message that this pc is not compatible when upgrading to windows 10. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-yo-upload-windows-10-to-my-computer/e1f137e8-594f-4ad2-844a-4f2d20e4b5ff
  8. Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer

Windows 10 Professional Compatibility with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s Laptop computer: Hello, I want to Upgrade from my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional on my current Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer. I have been informed from a reliable source that Windows 10 is not compatible with Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop computer because of drivers...
  9. Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...

Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...: 1. How do I determine if my version is a Retail or is an OEM version? 2. Can the Retail or OEM nature of the version be determined by the Product Key itself? 3. I am aware that: "If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version....
  10. Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer

Laptop stolen with Windows Professional key, now I want to activate it in another computer: Hi, I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home, that had been upgraded to Windows 10 Professional using a key I purchased some time ago for Windows 7 Professional. This laptop was stolen a few weeks ago, so now I would like to use that key to upgrade another PC I have with Windows...