Windows 10: Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have some software that needs Windows XP Pro or Vista to work. Will it work on the new computers with Windows 10? Computer is about to crash and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeMorehead, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

I have some software that needs Windows XP Pro or Vista to work. Will it work on the new computers with Windows 10?

Computer is about to crash and need this software for my business. It is a Point Of Sale and they stopped making it also, but I have years of info and customers on it.

Thanks

:)

JoeMorehead, Aug 10, 2019
  2. easmurthy Win User

Windows XP professional

I am having problems with my PC. The system started rebooting while I was trying to login yesterday. Since then, the system boots up till the Windows XP logo is displayed and starts rebooting. When I tried to go to "Safe Mode" the process stops at "Partition c:\Windows\ststen32\Drivers\Mup.Sys" and starts rebooting. This loop goes on.

Can any one suggest how to repair/reinstall the XP professional edition.

easmurthy, Aug 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

1. Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - professional computer

2. Windows 7 Professional computer with factory install NOW says 'build 7601 This copy of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional computer with factory install NOW says 'build 7601 This copy of...: My Toshiba laptop came from CDW in 2017 with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed. It was licensed! It has worked just fine all these years with Windows Update and other updates shut off. Now, after problems with a damaged video driver file from Intel, which I solved by...
  3. Windows 7 Professional computer with factory install NOW says 'build 7601 This copy of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional computer with factory install NOW says 'build 7601 This copy of...: My Toshiba laptop came from CDW in 2017 with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed. It was licensed! It has worked just fine all these years with Windows Update and other updates shut off. Now, after problems with a damaged video driver file from Intel, which I solved by...
  4. I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the the...: I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the driver for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-sound-on-my-computer-running-windows-7/e88f7038-4200-4a05-b0aa-5712c1435c89
  5. I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the the...

I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the the...: I lost the sound on my computer, running Windows 7 Professional, how do I download the driver for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-sound-on-my-computer-running-windows-7/e88f7038-4200-4a05-b0aa-5712c1435c89
  6. If I purchase a new Windows 11 computer will I be able to install my office professional...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I purchase a new Windows 11 computer will I be able to install my office professional...: I understand support has ended for 2007 but I use word maybe 10 hours a year. Windows 10 allowed me to install it and use it but my concern is with all the hype on office 365 whether I will be able to use my old and familiar program. I have the same concern about my old...
  7. If I purchase a new Windows 11 computer will I be able to install my office professional...

If I purchase a new Windows 11 computer will I be able to install my office professional...: I understand support has ended for 2007 but I use word maybe 10 hours a year. Windows 10 allowed me to install it and use it but my concern is with all the hype on office 365 whether I will be able to use my old and familiar program. I have the same concern about my old...
  8. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  9. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  10. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade