Windows 10: Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.

Discus and support Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, we have installed Windows XP SP3 using inbuilt Virtual Machine feature of OS (Hyper-V) in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016. we have faced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohit Verma SI, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.

Hello,

we have installed Windows XP SP3 using inbuilt Virtual Machine feature of OS (Hyper-V) in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.
    we have faced following issues,
    1) while installing XP why Hyper-V does not asked for Product Key?.
    2) After Installation, No Network connection option is available, so we created virtual network connection for testing
    which was also not working. Due to this we are unable to access share folder from main PC.
    3)While Installing any software in Windows XP, System is crashing again and again.
    4)Shutdown option is not working for VM.

Again we have tried to Install Windows XP SP3 using third party software "VMware", we got the error after giving Product Key.
    Error: "The Product ID you entered is not valid".
    even though we have used fresh key.

Kindly support us to install Windows XP SP3 in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.

Thanks.

Mohit

:)

Mohit Verma SI, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues.

1. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is restarted. It would be faster to use an ISO file stored on a SSD. I've tried various ways to create a bootable ISO file from my CD but failed. What's the best way of creating an ISO file which will install XP and run under Hyper V?
    2. I installed a virtual switch using a legacy network adapter but cannot connect the VM to the internet. Has anyone done this and what are the key steps? Is it safe to use XP to connect to internet from Hyper V?
    3. I mounted the VM's .vhdx file to copy over some programs to test but this broke the VM's virtual drive configuration on restarting the VM. What's the best way to transfer files to the VM from elsewhere on my PC?

Steve C, Jul 31, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can we use "Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016" on available 8th Generation Laptop

Hi Mohit

Yes, Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 will run on that laptop, the specs on that laptop are no problem.

The only consideration is that the IOT version suits your needs on that laptop, otherwise you are good to go . . .

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.

Windows 10 licence query - IoT and Windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB

I have a retail POS unit on which I wanted to install Windows 10 IoT.

I used the 'evaluation copy' link on the following page to download and install an evaluation copy.

Overview of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - Windows IoT

I now want to activate this licence and purchased keys but they do not work - the keys I have (for Win 10 IOT Ent 2016 LTSB) are in the format xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx (14 characters excluding dashes, 5 then 3 time 3) but the activation key that is required is
    prompting for 25 characters (5 times 5).

Has the link taken me to the wrong version of Windows?

How do I apply the key I have or change version to IoT?

Thank you

Vishal Nuv, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016.

1. Windows XP SP3 installation using Hyper-V in Window-10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016. - Similar Threads - SP3 installation using

2. License Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016: Hello,I would like to ask about the matter related to the license. I have a license to Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016, however there is a need to upgrade system to Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2019. Will the license be still valid, like in upgrade Win10-> Win11 ?...
  3. License Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016: Hello,I would like to ask about the matter related to the license. I have a license to Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016, however there is a need to upgrade system to Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2019. Will the license be still valid, like in upgrade Win10-> Win11 ?...
  4. License Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Downloading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Downloading: Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly let me know, How to download the proper file for windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 for installing the OS and Boot to the Dell edge gateway 3001 model, Am not getting the proper File from internet through the link which mentioned the gateway...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016: I have a question about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB from 2016, version build 1607. Could you help me? I’d like to know if this is a supported version and if this version gets security updates...
  10. Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V: I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. third party software to enable sound in hyper-v winxp vm

2. hyperv 2016 windows xp

3. windows XP enterprise examples