Windows 10: Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone

Discus and support Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, Microsoft is trying to upgrade as many old computers as possible and make sure that operating systems such as Windows XP go dark at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 26, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone

More

:)

labeeman, Dec 26, 2014

2. Is it possible to run Windows XP on a Suraface Pro 4

If you run XP in virtual, you don't get the same installation as if it were a standalone on a period machine, and XP mode is not possible in Windows 8 or 10..

Mike Hall... always, Dec 26, 2014
  3. windows 10 pro updated to windows 10 home

This is not possible.

Some interrogation needed:

How did you install Windows 10? As a free upgrade offer or Standalone?

What build is currently installed?

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 26, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Here's hoping it will work with some of the old hardware/computers running XP.

5. labeeman Win User
    That would be a nice dream.

labeeman, Dec 26, 2014
  6. I am absolutely positive many machines running XP will be upgradeable to 10. Many of those machines were downgraded to XP from Vista as corporate refused to embrace Vista. I would say anything from a Core 2 duo or Athlon X2 will be able to run the 32bit version easily. The point is would it be worth it? Most machines of that age are DDR2 which is reasonably priced up to 4GB, above that.......ouch. So the cost of the OS is from $30 to $100 or more depending on when purchased and the memory $50 for 4GB. If the owner sprung for an SSD their upgrade of their banger may appear faster than a new machine with a spinner.

Indianatone, Dec 26, 2014
  7. Upgrade? XP to 10? I have to wonder what they mean by upgrade? Upgrade install that keeps installed programs? Or upgrade to a new OS wiping everything out?

alphanumeric, Dec 27, 2014
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Many older systems running XP will be compatible with Windows 10. But many will not. Windows 8 has some specific CPU requirements such as to support DEP and I expect this will also be the case for Windows 10. Many older computers running XP will not meet these requirements.

LMiller7, Dec 27, 2014
  9. I wonder how many of those XP systems will be 64 bit capable? I don't think all that many would be running the 64 bit version of XP? Hopefully there will be an upgrade advisor, and people actually use it before attempting to upgrade to 10.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows XP to Windows 10 Upgrades Possible with Standalone - Similar Threads - Upgrades Possible Standalone

2. Is it possible to upgrade an old windows XP desktop pc to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade an old windows XP desktop pc to windows 10?: I have an old pc running windows XP Pro and I want to know if its possible to upgrade to windows 10 Pro. It has a 500gb sata hard drive installed and 8gb of RAM. I want to use it as a server on my home network as I shall shortly studying for my A+. All answers...
  3. Is it possible to upgrade an old windows XP desktop pc to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to upgrade an old windows XP desktop pc to windows 10?: I have an old pc running windows XP Pro and I want to know if its possible to upgrade to windows 10 Pro. It has a 500gb sata hard drive installed and 8gb of RAM. I want to use it as a server on my home network as I shall shortly studying for my A+. All answers...
  4. upgrade xp to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade xp to windows 10?: Can I upgrade xp to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-xp-to-windows-10/b6df61a8-966e-4b07-a8cd-5b86587aea3b
  5. upgrade xp to windows 10?

upgrade xp to windows 10?: Can I upgrade xp to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-xp-to-windows-10/b6df61a8-966e-4b07-a8cd-5b86587aea3b
  6. Upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10: Dear Admin, Good day to you, please I need your help to upgrade a Windows XP to Windows 10, this system has Windows XP installed long ago because it is still used to program PLC’s now to OS keep showing blue-screen on bootup, please there are backup’s and licenses of the...
  7. Upgrade from XP to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from XP to Windows 10: I have an HP Media Center PC m7680n running XP. After an IE8 upgrade I lost internet connectivity and cannot recover. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and ordered a USB. When I try to run the setup.exe from USB I get "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" Whether I...
  8. Upgrade from XP to Windows 10

Upgrade from XP to Windows 10: I have an HP Media Center PC m7680n running XP. After an IE8 upgrade I lost internet connectivity and cannot recover. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and ordered a USB. When I try to run the setup.exe from USB I get "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" Whether I...
  9. Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?

Is it possible to update windows 10 enterprise using standalone installer?: Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my laptop 1803 17134.1184. I am planning to update it to cumulative update KB4540689. Can I do it using the Standalone msu file available at the Microsoft update catalog? Thanks....
  10. Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10: I want to reformat my laptop it is a Windows xp but upgraded free to windows 10 ..will I be able to use my xp key code then upgrade to windows 10 free again...