Windows 10: Windows XP Updates

Discus and support Windows XP Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Computer with Windows XP Pro was working fine and was retrieving and installing updates for Windows Defender. During a definition installation, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stan_935, Feb 19, 2019.

1. stan_935 Win User

Windows XP Updates

Computer with Windows XP Pro was working fine and was retrieving and installing updates for Windows Defender. During a definition installation, I initiated a print job(Windows said I could "continue working while these updates are being installed"), which halted the definition installation. I got dialogue box saying "Service Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close." I completed my print job and then retried to install the update to no avail. I continue to get the Service.exe dialogue, and when I check Services, the service is found to be stopped for Windows Defender. Also, the Windows Defender application displays a message saying the service is stopped. There are no pending print jobs in the que, and the printer still works properly. I am able to restart the service, but it continues to be shut down. How can I get the Windows Defender Service to stay on?

:)

stan_935, Feb 19, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows XP Updates

Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows XP Updates

1. Windows XP Updates - Similar Threads - Updates

2. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  5. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  7. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  8. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  9. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  10. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows xp update