Windows 10: Windows Yahoo Mail Error

Discus and support Windows Yahoo Mail Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, can someone please help me? Every time I try to add my yahoo mail account to the windows mail app, I sign in and accept conditions and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandyMejia, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows Yahoo Mail Error

Hello, can someone please help me? Every time I try to add my yahoo mail account to the windows mail app, I sign in and accept conditions and then it goes straight to " Something went wrong

We're sorry but we weren't able to do that

Error code: 0x80190194." I have tried so many things and nothing seems to be working! Please........Help.........Meeeeeeeee! Thanks

:)

RandyMejia, Dec 27, 2019
  2. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Windows Yahoo Mail Error [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Arsis Win User

Windows Yahoo Mail Error

Yahoo! Mail error - Error Cod: 8000FFFF

Here is a solution if your problem is similar.

I work for att and I worked on this particular issue for several hours with a customer. In the end, I tried a lot of different trial and error ideas. In the end, I discovered the windows phone auto set up seems to clash with Yahoo mail. My particular customer
    has the yahoo plus, so that was not the solution to this error.

Yahoo has their email server set up as a pop, but it defaults in the phone as an imap, which is wrong.

Here is the Yahoo mail settings. As you can see there is a difference between regular and premium yahoo mail.

Yahoo! Mail Settings

• Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)

• Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
    POP Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings

• Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

• Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)
    Something to note, if you use the default wizard set up for yahoo and you have a premium account it will not work. The phone cannot detect that you have premium service with yahoo, so you need to set up the yahoo account manually. Which means you need to go
    to the advanced set up and type in the email server information yourself. Exactly how yahoo has it listed here. After I did that, the 8000FFFF error disappeared as well as every other error I'd receive. One more thing, notice the plus in front of the email
    server for the plus account. Make sure that is there or it will not work.

Arsis, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Yahoo Mail Error

1. Windows Yahoo Mail Error - Similar Threads - Yahoo Mail Error

2. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: i have been using a contact list for months in Yahoo mail, now i can't email to it. I can edit it but won't pull up if i put under BC. I can email directly from the contact list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/0fd70908-ca79-413c-970f-a10ebcca79ab
  3. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  4. Yahoo mail

Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  5. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail: When i try to update my out of date yahoo settings, i end up with a message ' something went wrong. We're sorry but we weren't able to do that .Error code Ox8019019aAny ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/5d276c33-f3ee-422f-8dca-fb4bb7bd269d
  7. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  8. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  9. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832