Windows 10: Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI

Discus and support Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a ton of great idea for Windows. 10 I would like to share. Build Customizable GUI into Windows There are a lot of programs out there for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CookieCrumbler, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI

I have a ton of great idea for Windows. 10 I would like to share.

Build Customizable GUI into Windows

There are a lot of programs out there for changing the UI , there is even Microsoft's Tweak UI but what about having the experience of even greater customizing of your Windows from within Windows itself by implenting it into windows natively.

If anyone ever remembers MSN Spaces ( later named Windows Live Space ). which was discontinued and is now wordpress, then you will remember the awesome customization ability of MSN Spaces. Widgets, modules , html modules, music players where ever you wanted them and in what ever column layout you desired.

With so much focus now on web based technology cloud apps and lots of the windows core control features and programs becoming apps themselves the ideas I outline here are based on taking that same premise of MSN Spaces where you can drop , drag , and place things where you like in any desired column layout, and extending it to the Windows GUI itself.

For example if you click START menu , you are presented with a thin side column with Power , Documents and User Account Controls with an ex-pander menu at the top. We have a Jumplist of programs in the column beside that and then we have tiles on the far right column.

How about an option to right click on the start menu background and have an option "Customize" where you are presented with a canvas where you can add , remove modules , define height width of modules , move modules around, add html modules or a picture and define its width height etc.....

And this idea extend beyond just the start menu.

Fresh Ideas for GUI

Also it would be nice to see a change in the UI

below is an example of a fork i made of another guy who coded out the base design for chrome.. In this pen you will see i moved the browser controls into the top bar eliminating the second bar.

https://s.codepen.io/b3nny/debug/LMOEpv/bZAQWNQwQbeM

Another idea is expandable icons where say as with the example above where you can see the url bar ,, instead have an icon for example the information icon with the " i " in it and when yu click the icon the everything else in the top bar is hidden or overflows out of sight and a form box appears to type in a url or search , or if you are already on a page it displays the url. you can click the icon again and the form box disappears and it goes back to being an icon and the tabs are now back in the view frame. you can even make the icon colored based on its SSL

Another is an icon to show all tabs, instead of having all the tabs visible.

So the only things that stay constant are the Browser controls on the left and the menu for the browser on the right .

All in-between stuff expands based on clicking an icon..

This enables more view port area and a cleaner slick UI

:)

CookieCrumbler, Jan 17, 2019
  2. JamesEJ Win User

GOT THE IDEA GUYS

Ok, Guys. You got the idea. With Jan. 14 2020 the current posted extended support end-date (but remember XP ?!) the thought was that a lot could happen between now and then, at which time my guess is that there would be quite a number of available Win10 OS disks floating around at more reasonable prices than now.

The initial solution, rollback routine, being untested from what I can tell, make its too risky for my experiences in general. Too many unknowns and that.

Its a roll of the dice it seems, so just gonna take the least risky path for the $ and see what happens. You guys are coming up with some good ideas that are helpful indeed, which is definitely appreciated.

JamesEJ, Jan 17, 2019
  3. GUI Issue - Windows 7

No GUI means no start menu and desktop icons? That usually means explorer.exe isn't running. Hit ctrl+alt+del, open the Task Manager, and see if explorer.exe is in the processes list. If not, go to File -> New Task and enter the following: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

FordGT90Concept, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI

WiFi Access Point Discovery GUI not Working

No. As I mentioned before, this is a Windows 10 issue, not related to any provider or ISP. And most assuredly not a AP or Router GUI. This is NOT about connecting to an AP or Router management console, this is entirely trying to define why the Network
    Connection GUI is not displaying available, or any, access points.

If you click on the WiFi logo down in the (typically) bottom right corner, near the time, you will be presented with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that will list all of the available WiFi Access Points or Routers. On a normally functioning system, there
    will be listed the available options, and you can chose which one you want to attach to.

On this system, there are no listed WiFi APs or Routers in that GUI.

When you run a "Command Line Query" through the Command Prompt and execute "netsh show all", the system lists several available WiFi Routers or Access Points, proving that the computers hardware can see
    the available options, which leads me to believe that the GUI in the corner is having some form of error that is not easily resolved with the typical knowledge items which were tested, as mentioned above.

My focus is to find a way to reset the GUI so that it can "present" the APs and Routers that are available to be used.

Additionally I installed NetSetMan and it allows the computer to attach to the previously mentioned APs and Routers that the Command Line executable, but as this is a more complex program, it is my desire
    to have the Microsoft Default GUI be able to be used as the default.

Again, the hardware works correctly, and can connect to WiFi if I use a 3rd party app. It can see the exact same APs/Routers that the "netsh
    show all" command shows. The WiFi GUI in the corner does not work as per normal.

Christoph Gorman, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI

1. Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI - Similar Threads - Customizable GUI fresh

2. GUI "upgrades"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GUI "upgrades": How to make Microsoft team to understand, that GUI redesigns may be interesting for them, and be a good indicator of healthy and evolving computer environment, but for common users with their own lives to live it's like having each year for parliament to start with a creation...
  3. GUI "upgrades"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GUI "upgrades": How to make Microsoft team to understand, that GUI redesigns may be interesting for them, and be a good indicator of healthy and evolving computer environment, but for common users with their own lives to live it's like having each year for parliament to start with a creation...
  4. GUI Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GUI Problems: I'm using a PC tower optimised for audio production that uses Optane technology. For the past 7 days now the system behaves in a manner that necessitates multiple restarts - up to 40 a day but who's counting - via the computers power button. No problem is ever observed with...
  5. resizing GUI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    resizing GUI: I have at least 1app that will not appear at it's normal size in windows 10... I also have several VSTs in my DAW that will not appear at their normal size... All of the GUIs appear too small... I am TECH challenged and have tried the obvious remedies in settings to no...
  6. Realtek GUI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek GUI: Just done a new Windows 10 build based on Asrock H410M-HDV and the Realtek interface looks like this [img] however, I'd like it to look like this on my MSI B85M-E45 [img] is it possible, or is it a mobo thing ? 176346
  7. git gui

git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  8. GUI interface

GUI interface: i can not access any routers switches that use a GUI interface , say 192.168.1.1 yet i can ping them fine and or use a network utility to talk to them , but can not get to them from ie or chrome or edge or any browser...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886