Windows 10: Windows

Discus and support Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I install Windows 7 while still having 10? Like let me choose what Windows to use this time? 26332 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rip, Oct 13, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Windows

Can I install Windows 7 while still having 10? Like let me choose what Windows to use this time?

:)

2. Windows? Win User

Nokia Lumia 928 wont sync music

I have a nokia lumia 928 and when I try to sync it with my windows phone desktop app it says that something has gone wrong and the app needs to close. This is very annoying. Luckily I have another non microsoft program that I can use to sync phone. I use
    my phone as my primary music player so this issue is pretty annoying. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Windows?, Oct 13, 2015
  3. :)windows Win User
    QUESTION RELATED TO APPLICATIONS OFF WINDOW PHONE

WHY WINDOWS PHONE DID NOT HAVE ANY APP LOCKER ????????? I NEED A APP TO LOCK MY PERSONAL FILES LIKE WHATSSAP , FACEBOOK , WE CHAT ETC .?????????????????????/

:)windows, Oct 13, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows

Yep. If you have a second product key/license for the Windows 7 you want to install. It violates the EULA to re-install the same version of Windows 7 to a second partition and keep the Windows 10 that it was previously upgraded to on the first partition.

You will have to have an empty partition to install the Windows 7 to.

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  5. RIP
    Rip Win User
    I have this:
    Windows [​IMG]

When I open:
    Windows [​IMG]

What to do next?

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I can't remember if it works by running setup.exe from within your current OS or not. The next step would be Install Now. Then, I think it is enter product key. Then, you want the custom install option, which I can remember if you get without booting from the install media.

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  7. RIP
    Rip Win User
    Can you please give me a video or anything that can help me?

8. Jimysbil Win User

Windows

At first you are going to need an other partition or hard disk in order to install an other version of windows.
    So if you have not a second (internal) hard disk you have to resize the partition you have windows 10 installed in order to create some free space for a new NTFS partition.
    After that it should better if you just booted up your windows 7 installation (instead of using the setup.exe file) and install windows 7 into this new NTFS partition.

Jimysbil, Oct 13, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  10. RIP
    Rip Win User
    I see this:

Windows [​IMG]

What to do??

11. spapakons Win User
    Obviously you cannot upgrade Windows 10 to 7! Choose the custom (advanced). Then it will start copying some files to the hard disk so it can boot into Windows 7 Setup. It will restart the computer, boot into Windows 7 Setup, just like you would boot directly with a Windows 7 DVD-ROM, if you had one. Then continue setup and make sure you select the new partition to install there. The Windows boot loader should be updated with a new boot entry to load Windows 7. So at startup you should be presented with the choice to boot 7 or 10 (with 7 default) and after 30 seconds it will automatically boot into 7.

spapakons, Oct 13, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    After you tell it which partition you want it to install to Windows :)

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Windows

Yes, the instructions on screen are pretty obvious. As we say in Greece RT-FM (Read The F***ing Manual)...

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows