Windows 10: Windows10 1909 automatically logs in alphabetically first user from the list

Discus and support Windows10 1909 automatically logs in alphabetically first user from the list in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've managed to work around automatic sign-in of last user, but after update from 1903 to 1909 workarounds have stopped working. Background:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trudar, May 6, 2020.

1. /u/Trudar Win User

Windows10 1909 automatically logs in alphabetically first user from the list

Hello, I've managed to work around automatic sign-in of last user, but after update from 1903 to 1909 workarounds have stopped working. Background:

• 10 users, all having Administrator rights, all local accounts, all of them have no password (that's not up for discussion)
    • Automatic sign-in to complete updates in Windows Update has been turned off in every single account, incliding Administrator and Guest (both disabled) - this was usual blocked in earlier compilations;
    • enabling CTRL+ALT+DEL to log-in, disabling automatic sign-in, and other fixes I have found over internet which were valid earlier bring no change - still, first user being automatically logged in after boot.
    • Windows 10 Pro, not domain joined.

Is there some kind of new setting to disable this 'feature' ?

submitted by /u/Trudar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trudar, May 6, 2020
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

In addition to David Y's suggestion, you can also use OpenOffice Writer to sort a list alphabetically or numerically and its free!

Just place your text in a table and select sort from the Table menu:

Windows10 1909 automatically logs in alphabetically first user from the list [​IMG]

Get it here:
    Apache OpenOffice - Official Download

Cheers,

3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 6, 2020
  4. Mr Ed Win User

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net, but so far haven't come up with anything. I prefer a free program because it would only be used on rare occasions. Someone on another forum suggested Alphabetizer, which I tried, but found unsatisfactory .Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mr Ed, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 1909 automatically logs in alphabetically first user from the list - Similar Threads - Windows10 1909 automatically

2. Turning off alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off alphabetical listing: I have written a book using Microsoft Word. I have a total of 26 stories in a folder. Word automatically lists the stories in alphabetical order, but my publisher wants the listing in the order dictated for the book. I cannot do a thing to make Word just allow me to list the...
  3. Turning off alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off alphabetical listing: I have written a book using Microsoft Word. I have a total of 26 stories in a folder. Word automatically lists the stories in alphabetical order, but my publisher wants the listing in the order dictated for the book. I cannot do a thing to make Word just allow me to list the...
  4. Update of windows10 1909 from 1805

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of windows10 1909 from 1805: Why will the update of windows10 1909 from 1805 not recognize my Acer V226 HQL 1920x1080 Monitor but recognize my 32" TV with 1920x1080 Resolution. How do I rectify the problem please?...
  5. AOL emails listed alphabetically by sender

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL emails listed alphabetically by sender: Hi Yesterday I when I went to AOL Mail, my computer listed the alphabetically by sender. Today it is back to listing them by date and time. How do I get back to the alphabetical mode?...
  6. Task Bar and Alphabetized List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar and Alphabetized List: Hello: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop I updated an program. Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu. I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar. An icon for the executable now shows...
  7. alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alphabetical list: my alphabetical list on left side of screen has disappeared. don't know why. can't get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alphabetical-list/0387fca3-70ed-441d-8512-b9f7f6e5f7bb
  8. Windows logs automatically logs into last user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows logs automatically logs into last user: I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and have already seen my first issue. I have two user accounts on my computer. Neither of them have passwords. In Windows 7 it would load up windows and give me the option to select the user I want to sign into. In Windows 10 to...
  9. App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App or Program That can Alphabetize a list: Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net,...
  10. Automatically select user to log in to

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically select user to log in to: Hello! I'm running the Enterprise version of Windows 10 on my work computer. The PC is on a domain. When I click to move on from the lock screen, I am presented with my username (I assume since I was the last one to log in), and an "Other user" option. On the Windows 7 PCs on...