Windows 10: Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.

Discus and support Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Small business... We have our Win10 Pro desktops all of which just got 1909 after holding off the maximum feature update delay allowed by Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/derfmcdoogal, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.

Small business... We have our Win10 Pro desktops all of which just got 1909 after holding off the maximum feature update delay allowed by Microsoft. Came with the new search which I figured would be fixed by now since they've known about the plethora of issues since November 2019...

Searching a network share is abysmal. I can literally see the text in the file name but it takes Win10 several minutes to display all of the results.

Previous versions of Windows would poll the search index from the server when doing searches. I certainly don't want several users adding this network share as an indexed location...

So are we just hosed here?

submitted by /u/derfmcdoogal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/derfmcdoogal, May 20, 2020

2. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, May 20, 2020
  3. RickyGeu Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, May 20, 2020
  4. jbates7 Win User

Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

As suggested earlier, when Windows 10 search in explorer 1909 does not work (i.e. nothing can be typed into the search box), restart Windows Explorer in the task manager.

Windows 10 updates - usually I wait a week or so before updating so that bugs can be fixed. Obviously this did't work in whichever update that trashed Wiindows Explorer.

jbates7, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.

1. Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search. - Similar Threads - Windows10 1909 Network

2. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  3. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  4. Windows explorer slow file search

in Cortana
    Windows explorer slow file search: The search file option on windows explorer is very slow and basic. Basically it has to be rebuilt and made more powerful, like some third party file search software full of options....
  5. Search box font in File Explorer is extremely small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search box font in File Explorer is extremely small: On my external monitor everything displays correctly except for the content of search box in File Explorer. The box, before I try to use it, displays normally the search symbol and the grayed text "Search Quick access" are the same size as everything else. When I start...
  6. Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search: Hi I'm having problems with an extremely slow boot 5 minutes or so and with outlook search with a Toshiba Kira. I also have a Surface Pro 3 and the issue with outlook is the same. So lets bring some details: My Toshiba is an i7 with 8 Gb ram and 256 Gb SSD, running windows...
  7. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/
  8. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  9. New 1909 search bar is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New 1909 search bar is broken: It has been less than 12 hours since I installed the update but so far the search bar has become unresponsive on 2 separate occasions. The cursor does not show. It is just frozen. The first one happened during normal use and the other just happened right now after waking up...
  10. Search menu extremely slow/not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search menu extremely slow/not working: I've removed this incredibly annoying but seemingly non-threatening virus from my laptop, but now when I search for files or applications from the Search menu (Start + S) it shows the loading dots but doesn't show anything. Before the virus, it would almost instantly find...