Windows 10: Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop

Discus and support Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a basic Lenovo laptop that I use for web browsing only. I have windows updates blocked at the router level since there is no way to turn them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theswagforever, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop

I have a basic Lenovo laptop that I use for web browsing only. I have windows updates blocked at the router level since there is no way to turn them off with the "home edition" of windows because I don't want or ever need any updates.

I was running 1909 and decided to unblock the update servers on my router, to download and apply new updates because my laptop recently started freezing when waking up from sleep. (The update didn't fix the issue, sadly).

After updating to 2004, my laptop basically froze when I tried emptying the recycle bin a day later. I restarted and then the system was pretty much "bricked" and in the infinite startup loop cycle trying to diagnose startup errors and then taking me to the blue screen with more options.

None of the options worked, but luckily I have an old windows 7 laptop and was able to download windows 10 to a USB flash drive and reinstall it again.

Now I'm once again back on 2004. Even after a restart, my laptop would freeze doing something as simple as right clicking on the desktop.

I open up task manager and disk usage shows 100% but when I keep the task manager open everything goes back to normal and my laptop works as it should.

I still currently have task manager open to keep a close watch on everything.

Wondering if anyone is experience similar issues after updating and knows a fix or what's causing my laptop to randomly freeze.

TLDR; Win10 2004 update freezes laptop doing the most simple tasks, need help or a fix.

submitted by /u/theswagforever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theswagforever, Jun 5, 2020

2. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Jun 5, 2020
  3. GVT11 Win User
    Screen freezes constantly after latest update

My screen freezes constantly after latest update - Nov 17. Even freezes during repair or system restore. Suggestions other than paying Geek Squad $150?!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Original title/subject: Windows 10 update

GVT11, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop

Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop

1. Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop - Similar Threads - Windows10 2004 update

2. Laptop constantly freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly freezing after startup: I got a medion crawler e30 laptop and a month after the purchase, when i instaled games and stuff it started constantly freezing with no obvious reason. It used to be that the freezes could dissapear after 30 minutes of using it and Ive tried to reinstall the windows and the...
  3. Windows10 Laptop fan constantly on and off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows10 Laptop fan constantly on and off: Hi,I got this problem with my laptop fan constantly going on and off, even when no program or app is running into background.I don't know if the problem could be related to the recent Win Update... not really sure about it.So far I couldn't find any problem on the...
  4. windows10-2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10-2004: [ATTACH]Win10 u https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0%E5%88%B0/94a4067a-e5ac-4374-b9b7-468568ed20ca
  5. Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update: My realtek wifi adapter broke as soon as I installed Windows10 2004. I've done driver reset, rollback, update and even windows rolling back to version 1909 and fresh start but all of those didn't work. Hi Microsoft Team, do you have fix on this?...
  6. cant update feature update to windows10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant update feature update to windows10 version 2004: Feature update to windows10 version 2004 We couldn't install this update ,but you can try again 0x800705b4. how can i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-feature-update-to-windows10-version/4f3c42a4-8edf-4ffd-9e07-43ccc81e19fe
  7. Windows10 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 freezes: Hi, Recently I have up-to-dated windows to 2004 version. My PC used to run flawlessly before I updated, but now it sucks. There has to be a bug in the software which I could not figure out. Most probably the problem does not raise from hardware as the software before 2004...
  8. Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 laptop CONSTANTLY freezes when waking up from sleep: It's a basic Lenovo laptop that I only use for web browsing, but for some reason it always freezes when it wakes from sleep and takes around 2-5 minutes to get to the password login screen to enter the text. I've tried google searching for fixes but I haven't found anything...
  9. Windows10 freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 freeze: First of all, sorry for my bad english. Since some months, am getting a problem with windows10... every time i use my laptop, it freeze the program or folder, whatever am on (it doesn't become white like regular crash or freeze) it become unclickable, but the monent i click...
  10. Laptop constantly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop constantly freezes: Last year I bought an ASUS VivoBook Max X541N. It'd make a strange sound when was on and after two weeks its hard disk had to be changed, but not sure why. Before that, it'd freeze sometimes and when I tried to put it on sleep mode, it wouldn't stop and when I opened it,...