Windows 10: Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

Discus and support Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an OEM Windows7 on this Toshiba Laptop which was upgraded for free to Windows10 in 2017. Suddenly and recently the Activate Windows watermark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DDocMo, Oct 22, 2019.

1. DDocMo Win User

Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

I have an OEM Windows7 on this Toshiba Laptop which was upgraded for free to Windows10 in 2017. Suddenly and recently the Activate Windows watermark came up. Many hours of troubleshooting later Microsoft Support are telling me I have to revert to Windows7 or go and buy Windows10. The OEM key is for Windows7 and there does not seem to be a Windows10 digital # on the Laptop and I gave MS remote access which failed to resolve the issue. Any idea where to go next ? Should I revert to Windows7 and loose Apps and risk security / lack of support from 2020?

:)

DDocMo, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Mike.V. Win User

Windows7 to Windows10 upgrade -> missing operating system

Hi all

I would like to get Windows10 running on my Asus N71JA Notebook (

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/N71Ja/) and would be happy to get some advice.

I already tried a few times to upgrade, through Windows Update or using a bootable USB stick, when Windows10 wants to reboot for the first time during the upgrade, I am stuck with "missing operating System".

Here, let me state my last tries.

1. Clean install of Windows7 with original Windows7 DVD I have, using the given product key with it

2. Activate Windows7

3. Perform all updates through Windows Update (Windows7 SP1, ...)

4. Wait until I get the option to upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

5. Perform the upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

-> first reboot during upgrade process -> missing operating system

I also did a clean install of Windows10 using a bootable USB stick. This works, I get Windows10 running, but then cannot activate it. But this tells me, that the bios settings are fine. With the same bios settings, I can clean install Windows7 and Windows10,
    reboot as I like, no issues at all. Just going through the upgrade process leaves me with "missing operating system".

I already tried to perform an automatic startup repair through the Windows10 bootable USB stick without success.

Could you please advice how to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

Mike

Mike.V., Oct 22, 2019
  3. Product Key for Windows10 free upgrade from Windows7 Home premium

I have today upgraded my Windows 7 to free upgrade package of Windows10. Now for activating Microsoft Office in Windows10 the earlier key provided with my Windows7 is not working. Since this is a free upgrade I do not have a product package. So please
    let me know how to find my new product key for the newly upgraded Windows10.
    And how to
    • Create a Windows 10 DVD for installation on a new hard drive
    • Create a backup Windows 10 DVD
    • Create a bootable USB drive with a copy of Windows 10
    • What is clean reinstallation? Is it necessary after free upgradation?

Narayanmurthy Ganti, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

How to remove old unused files from windows10 (upgraded from Windows7)

The chart is handy to have but making it even handier would have been including the footnotes, 2, 3, 4 and 5, must be some impact on those items.

Berton, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade - Similar Threads - Windows10 Activation message

2. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  3. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Free upgrade to windows10

Free upgrade to windows10: I have windows7 installed on my desktop.Is it possible to upgrade to windows10 for free?If yes let me know the steps to follow.ThanksUmasankar Sahu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-to-windows10/452b6e03-27ba-48b0-9af2-1ef5ac2cbad6
  6. Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10: Have very basic knowledge, though made this PC in 2010. Having failed twice to upgrade to Win10 through Media Creation Tool 21H, wherein I choose to upgrade the existing Win7 OS.and got failure message "......the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"Hence...
  7. Windows7 OS, not recommended to upgrade to Windows10?

Windows7 OS, not recommended to upgrade to Windows10?: I have a Windows 7 pro 32bit computer and planning to upgrade it to Windows10. When I asked the Virtual Agent, it replied that >If your PC is running Windows 7, Microsoft strongly recommends that you >move to a new device running Windows 10 sometime before the end of...
  8. ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years: Hi - an ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years of using the computer with no issues. just out of the blue - i have added nothing of consequence regarding hardware. i do not have a written key (ii guess it was digital) any advice?...
  9. how to find my new windows product key after free upgrade from windows7 to windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to find my new windows product key after free upgrade from windows7 to windows10: R/Sir/Madam, I recently got free upgrade from windows7pro to windows10 pro. But i did not get any new product key from microsoft support. so, now i want to know that can i use my old product kry (windows7 pro) whenever i need to re install my windows10pro ?? If not, how...
  10. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10: Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files . The steps i...