Windows 10: Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops

Discus and support Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Updated to Win10 ver 2004....prior updates had no issues. After the update tp v2004 my Ethernet Internet connection intermittantly drops. To restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by denmarfl, Jul 10, 2020.

1. denmarfl Win User

Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops

Updated to Win10 ver 2004....prior updates had no issues. After the update tp v2004 my Ethernet Internet connection intermittantly drops. To restore I mostly Re-Boot PC.

I have, Uninstalled Ethernet Driver thru Device Mgr; re-booted PC to allow Windows to re-install gerneric Driver...then I ran from Device Mgr off of Ethernet Properties..Update Driver...Windows found New Driver and Installed it. I have run Network Troubleshooter....came back could not find issue or, No Internet.

Sure I could Roll back to ver 1903 and hope whatever is causing my issue will go away...but at some time the ver 2004 will be forced upon me....and, like I wrote, there is aways a chance the roll back to 1903 will maintain whatever is casing my issue..and I will have rolled back for nothing....

Any other suggestions? Ethernet Adapter is Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller; the driver Windows Update Installed, Driver Provider RealTek; Driver date 7/23/15; Driver Version 10.3723.2015

The issue is not my Internet Provider, my Cell phone connects to my Internet yes wirelessly...and when I have no Ethernet Internet..when I check my Phone it is connected to my Network and working fine.

:)

denmarfl, Jul 10, 2020
  2. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue. Also install all pending Windows updates Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Step 1: Reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Reset Microsoft Edge.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if you are able to get stable internet connection. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 10, 2020
  4. shellz187 Win User

Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops [​IMG]

Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops [​IMG]

shellz187, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10; after update to Version 2004 Ethernet Internet Connection intermittantly drops - Similar Threads - Windows10 update Version

2. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  3. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  4. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intermittent dropping of internet connection

Intermittent dropping of internet connection: I'm using Windows 10 and connect to the internet via Wi-Fi BT Hub, Several times a day sometimes several times an hour I get a message telling me I'm no longer connected to the internet. Usually, within about 5 seconds the system reconnects itself. Occasionally this doesn't...
  6. Windows10 Version 2004 Nvidia Color Settings drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 Version 2004 Nvidia Color Settings drop: Starting with the Windows 1903 Update my Nvidia Color Settings would drop...normally when coming out of sleep. I have contacted nVidia and there has been an open ticket with nVidia Support for over 8 months. I keep getting from them that the Ticket is open and they have not...
  7. Intermittent dropping internet connection

Intermittent dropping internet connection: I can use apps like Skype without any problem, but almost as soon as I open a browser--Edge, Chrome, Firefox--I lose internet connectivity. The computer settings say I'm connected to the internet but no page will load, saying that it's not reachable or its address is not...
  8. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  9. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...
  10. Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping

Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping: Hi Guys, After updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my Ethernet adapter is intermittently dropping my connection. I have another machine exactly the same specs and it is not happening on the machine. The Ethernet adapter is a [img] Has anyone experienced an...