Windows 10: Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose)

Discus and support Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new desktop with windows 10. I need some help to identify where is the best place for my documents and pictures folders. Looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasTsatsonis, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose)

I just purchased a new desktop with windows 10. I need some help to identify where is the best place for my documents and pictures folders. Looking at the system I can see at list three different locations or so where there are Documents and pictures folders. Currently the folders are empty because of the new computer. I am just not sure which one I should populate with my Data. This computer is also meant to have 250 GB SSD storage, which I can not identify. Any help would be most welcome, Many thanks inn advance,

:)

ThomasTsatsonis, Dec 19, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose)

Can't rename folders/files in Pictures or Documents Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with Document and Picture folder only?
    • Does the mouse works properly while using other apps/programs?
    • Did you made nay system changes prior to this issue?
    This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose)

1. Windows10 and Documents, Pictures folders (which one to chose) - Similar Threads - Windows10 Documents Pictures

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  4. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  6. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  7. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  9. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  10. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...