Windows 10: Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error

Discus and support Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I reformated my windows10 recently and i noticed the windows10 apps, such as microsoft store, microsoft photos and groove music, are missing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RubenCoutinho1, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error

Hi! I reformated my windows10 recently and i noticed the windows10 apps, such as microsoft store, microsoft photos and groove music, are missing. I tried to solve the problem through writting some code lines on windows powershell as admin but nothing happens, or some red text appears saying the package is paused, and it must be staged to procceed. I'd like to know how to solve this. Thank you!

:)

RubenCoutinho1, Nov 9, 2020
  2. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Version 10.0.16299.125 apps missing

Hi all,

I have a new pc on Version 10.0.16299.125 missing the news and sports apps there not even on app list

I have tried

Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell – If you have a lot missing apps, advanced users can instead attempt to restore all of them at once using the following PowerShell commands. Note, however, that if
    Steps 1 and 2 were already attempted and did not restore your missing apps, this PowerShell solution will also likely not succeed.

• In Cortana, type PowerShell. In the search results, right-click Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • In the Powershell window type the following commands. These steps may take a few minutes to complete.
      • reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TileDataModel\Migration\TileStore” /va /f
      • get-appxpackage -packageType bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml")}
      • $bundlefamilies = (get-appxpackage -packagetype Bundle).packagefamilyname
      • get-appxpackage -packagetype main |? {-not ($bundlefamilies -contains $_.packagefamilyname)} |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml")}

when i do the last command

>> get-appxpackage -packagetype main |? {-not ($bundlefamilies -contains $_.packagefamilyname)} |% {add-appxpackage -reg

ister -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml")} I got this error

add-appxpackage : Cannot find path 'C:\appxmanifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:3 char:98

+ ... yname)} |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.ins ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\appxmanifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

BeauThompson, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error

1. Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error - Similar Threads - Windows10 Apps missing

2. Readyboost tab Missing WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readyboost tab Missing WINDOWS10: Hello!I was having problems speeding up my computer. But I remembered I could just use ReadyBoost for my Windows 10 Pro. But just after plugging in the two USBs They just show the original tabs; I don't see a single "ReadyBoost" tab. At this point, I can't fix my slow PC.Any...
  3. Readyboost tab Missing WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readyboost tab Missing WINDOWS10: Hello!I was having problems speeding up my computer. But I remembered I could just use ReadyBoost for my Windows 10 Pro. But just after plugging in the two USBs They just show the original tabs; I don't see a single "ReadyBoost" tab. At this point, I can't fix my slow PC.Any...
  4. Readyboost tab Missing WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerShell error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell error: Hello. Ive been having issues using Xbox Game Bar and tried to reinstall it using PowerShell but every time I run the command it comes up with an errorThe command I use is: Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* Remove-AppxPackageI also use Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay...
  6. Powershell error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell error: Hi i am trying to add the below code into windows powershell to fix my spotify app# Get all the provisioned packages $Packages = get-item 'HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Applications' Get-ChildItem # Filter the list if provided a filter...
  7. PowerShell Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Error: I have been encountering this issue for the past week but I am not sure how long I have had it could be up to about 3-4 months I am wondering what I can do to Fix this error or repair PowerShell...Windows PowerShellCopyright C Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Try...
  8. Powershell/Powershell admin missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell/Powershell admin missing: When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it up and found out it was missing. I looked into it and found some other people with a similar problem, and they went to check...
  9. how to deinstall powershell from windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to deinstall powershell from windows10: I'm a beginner learning powershell, I recently installed power on my computer which i noticed I can't execute some command even while i'm on administrative mode. But to my surprise i can't get removed from my computer. Can somebody help me solve this problem....
  10. Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10: Hello all, I cannot add any new language under settings, I have no language bar in control panel, and I learned there is a bug in my Windows 10 Pro 1803 version. So after using the command below (with help of Powershell): Code: $LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList...