Windows 10: Windows10 asking for Product Key

Discus and support Windows10 asking for Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Friends: I bought my notebook with Windows 7 as OS, and I paid for the Win7 product key during the purchase. Sometime in year 2016/2017, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lee CC, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Lee CC Win User

Windows10 asking for Product Key

Dear Friends:

I bought my notebook with Windows 7 as OS, and I paid for the Win7 product key during the purchase.

Sometime in year 2016/2017, this OS was auto-upgraded to Win10 by Microsoft.

Now MS is asking me to re-activate again with a Win 10 product key, which I do not have. This means I have to purchase this key to have my notebook remains active in Win10.

Why should I pay for Win 10 key when I already paid for Win 7 key? Moreover, the upgrading to Win 10 was done by MS and not upon my request.

Can I down grade it back to Win7?

Thank you.

Lee CC

:)

Lee CC, Dec 15, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows10 requiring product key

Is your Windows 7 activated? If it is properly activated a Windows 10 upgrade should not ask for a product key.

Have you tried the "Upgrade this PC now" option of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
    Windows 10

After you get a successful upgrade, and the Windows 10 is activated, then you can do a clean install by booting from a Windows 10 USB or DVD which you can also make with the Media Creation Tool. A clean install will ask for a product key and you click on the tiny text that says Skip the step. Might have to skip the Product Key two or three times. IF the upgraded Windows 10 on the same computer was activated, the clean install of Windows 10 will activate. And remember - you have to stay with either the Home or the Pro version - you can't go from Home to Pro or from Pro to Home.

NavyLCDR, Dec 15, 2018
  3. windows10 product key?

Hello!

I am trying to install Windows10 on my Windows 8.1 laptop. On some stage it is asking for Windows10 Product key, My official Product key supplied with Windows 8 doesn't get accepted. Which Product key am I supposed to use to preform the upgrade?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Anni

Anni-RuffinaStröm, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Windows10 asking for Product Key

Windows10 requiring product key

Please help, I had windows10 "successfully" installed. However, I had to while my hard drive and install windows7 home premium again...now if I try to reinstalled windows10 from there website it now asks me for a product key. Also I have waited, upgraded and allowed the PC to do its own updates etc..but still no windows10 notification in bottom right corner..hope somebody can help me, many thanks

Jake666chef, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 asking for Product Key

1. Windows10 asking for Product Key - Similar Threads - Windows10 asking Product

2. can i ask product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can i ask product key: on my personal subcribtion there several aplication that listed like above, if posiable i ask product key for windows? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-ask-product-key/b26b069a-c4ae-4568-806c-f98a67edd6b4
  3. Windows10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Product Key: I just changed my computer and I need to put the product key to install windows. I had windows in my old pc. Do i need to buy windows again or can I do something about it? submitted by /u/volicloppo [link] [comments]...
  4. Did not ask for the product key

Did not ask for the product key: Hi recently the laptop which i had, lenovo ideapad got stuck on loading screen and i tried to reinstall windows 10 using an external usb from microsoft's website. Prepared the usb using a macbook as that was the only other computer i had. Install completed even though it...
  5. Product Key Windows10

Product Key Windows10: dear I have formated my HP laptop which had original windoes10 home preloaded. I do not remember the product key No. Can I retrieve the Number now, or can the Supplier help me get the number if I give them the Laptop Serial number which is given beneath the laptop?...
  6. product key windows10 Home

product key windows10 Home: dear I have formated my HP laptop which had original windoes10 home preloaded. I do not remember the product key No. Can I retrieve the Number now, or can the Supplier help me get the number if I give them the Laptop Serial number which is given beneath the laptop?...
  7. Windows10 Home Product Key retrieval

Windows10 Home Product Key retrieval: my aunt just gave me her hp all in one desktop. barely over one yr old and she asked that I do a system restore, which I plan on. I have changed acct supervisor as myself and reset windows password. my question is that if for some reason I need to reinstall this version of...
  8. windows10 pro product key and activate ?

windows10 pro product key and activate ?: hi guys i bought a new dell inspiron laptop 2 years ago with this windows installed on it and all was fine till today it started with the message saying licence will expire soon while my windows says activated on pc properties and i fixed it from a way i found online but...
  9. Windows asking for product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows asking for product key: My windows 10 (which was installed already when I bought my PC) is now saying my product key needs to be updated. I managed to find out my product key, but when I inserted it in the according field, (change product key) it says it cant connect to my organization. What is...
  10. Windows10 requiring product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 requiring product key: Please help, I had windows10 "successfully" installed. However, I had to while my hard drive and install windows7 home premium again...now if I try to reinstalled windows10 from there website it now asks me for a product key. Also I have waited, upgraded and allowed the PC to...