Windows 10: Windows10 backup issue

Discus and support Windows10 backup issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just backup one of my clients PC with disk2vhd app. I never checked the backup files if there is a locked one or not. After the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by user1231, Sep 1, 2020.

1. user1231 Win User

Windows10 backup issue

Hello everyone,

I just backup one of my clients PC with disk2vhd app. I never checked the backup files if there is a locked one or not. After the backing up i formatted the client pc and setup Windows10 Pro.

After formatting and uploading every update i wanted to transfer every file in my .vhd backup file to the clients PC but when i transferred the files some of them shows little yellow lock icon on the top right corner of the file.

I tried to give the backup files to admin permission by right-click --> security --> advenced and still couldn't copy the locked files to my new win10 PC.

Also i tried remove right click the folder ---> general ---> advanced ----> Encrypt contents to secure data but it says i dont have permission to do that.

What should i do ? I have the backup but can't restore the data i have

:)

user1231, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Windows10 backup issue [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 1, 2020
  4. hp 1000 Win User

Windows10 backup issue

Windows10 Backup

Carried out your steps 1 - 5 exactly as requested

Right-click of the Start button takes me to Settings with no Control Panel option.

Entered Control Panel into the search box and it took me to Control-Panel.

Followed steps 3 and 4 and noted the following:

File History shows as on and Files last copied 16/09/2017

After step 5 (select Run) it returned Files last copied 16/09/2017 and the current time.

Now go to Backup Options

Last backup 16/09/2017 at the same current time as above

However, Size of backup is still 0 bytes

File Explorer F drive does not show any files from User directories or updates I have made to files I have in the C drive - both User and C drive directories have been entered in Backup Options.

hp 1000, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 backup issue

1. Windows10 backup issue - Similar Threads - Windows10 backup issue

2. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was on Monday morning. My favourites had also disappeared...
  3. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was on Monday morning. My favourites had also disappeared...
  4. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was. My favourites had also disappeared along with the...
  5. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 issues.: It seems windows10 has crashed for some unknown reason, I found all of my settings had changed, desktop, taskbar etc. I reconfigured some of these and when I restarted my laptop they had all change back to what it was. My favourites had also disappeared along with the...
  6. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows10 issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. window7 backup to new windows10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window7 backup to new windows10 laptop: I used windows7 backup to transfer files to my new windows10 laptop - all worked okay BUT it has created a user in the name used on my old laptop and saved the files there and the quick links to Photos / Music / Documents etc are empty. How do I transfer all my files or...
  9. Backup an iPad to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup an iPad to Windows10?: How do I backup an older iPad to my Windows10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-an-ipad-to-windows10/19e726e4-539c-474e-b749-d6b2cb01c6f7
  10. backup ipad to windows10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup ipad to windows10 laptop: How do I backup my ipad and iphone to my windows10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-ipad-to-windows10-laptop/5e601ba0-57f2-48e2-970b-297c32791449