Windows 10: Windows10 boot menu automatic opening

Discus and support Windows10 boot menu automatic opening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In my windows 10 on hp lap..... ...There is a problem with my boot menu i tried to switch on my lap it starts with automatically with boot menu if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abin.02, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Abin.02 Win User

Windows10 boot menu automatic opening

In my windows 10 on hp lap..... ...There is a problem with my boot menu i tried to switch on my lap it starts with automatically with boot menu if anyone have same problem or who knows how to solve it please help. .?

:)

Abin.02, Dec 22, 2018

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows10 boot menu automatic opening

Windows10 Start Menu Not Working...AGAIN

Hi Deb,

Thank you for responding.

We regret for the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system and delay in response to you issue.

I suggest you to give a try to perform automatic repair/ reset the operating system by keeping files and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2:After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup or functions incorrectly, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings,
    configuration settings and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform Reset of your PC by keeping system files as stated in the previous response and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows10 boot menu automatic opening

1. Windows10 boot menu automatic opening - Similar Threads - Windows10 boot menu

2. menu demarrer windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    menu demarrer windows10: Bonjour,Comment puis-je organiser le menu demmarrer de gauche pas les tuiles où le voudrais effacer des noms d'applis sans les supprimer complétement du poste ou en réorganiser dans des dossiers comme Microsoft Office par exemple ?Merci de votre aide.Cdt....
  3. menu demarrer windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    menu demarrer windows10: Bonjour,Comment puis-je organiser le menu demmarrer de gauche pas les tuiles où le voudrais effacer des noms d'applis sans les supprimer complétement du poste ou en réorganiser dans des dossiers comme Microsoft Office par exemple ?Merci de votre aide.Cdt....
  4. menu demarrer windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows10 automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 automatic repair loop: I use windows10 original. Yesterday when i turned my computer it went into automatic repair mode. I went into advance settings mode and whatever option i choose it says "do not have a password or forgot ur password". I never used any administrative password. It did not let me...
  6. Windows10 automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 automatic repair loop: I use windows10 original. Yesterday when i turned my computer it went into automatic repair mode. I went into advance settings mode and whatever option i choose it says "do not have a password or forgot ur password". I never used any administrative password. It did not let me...
  7. Windows10 Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Automatic Restart: I was running a python script that will take about a week to run. It had run for about 48 hours and was making progress until I woke up today to find that Windows had restarted itself. Fortunately I am able to start it where it left off, but I lost 8 hours of progress. How...
  8. Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?: I have 2 operating systems on my PC (on one SSD) and I always have to press F11 before Windows starts for this boot menu or something... How do I make it start automatically/is that possible? Boot Menu bei PC Start Automatisch öffnen?
  9. booting windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    booting windows10: when I boot my windows10 machine the first screen I get is "Choose your keyboard layout". This and other "stopcode"s have been happening more and more recently. How do I get past the choose your keyboard layout question?...
  10. Automatic Shutdown Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Shutdown Windows10: Recently i have installed windows 10 on my dell laptop, now its automatically goes off, and i have to manually turn it on. when i turn it on it turning on directly to the same window or an app at the time when it goes off ,Eg, if it turned off while i was using photoshop ,...