Windows 10: Windows10 Buggy :-(

Discus and support Windows10 Buggy :-( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope I'm in the right forum. I just upgraded to Windows10. I'm so disappointed. I want to go back to 8.1. Is this possible? Or, at the very least,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMused, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DMused Win User

Windows10 Buggy :-(

I hope I'm in the right forum. I just upgraded to Windows10.

I'm so disappointed. I want to go back to 8.1. Is this possible? Or, at the very least, is there some way to get a better (working) version of this horrible "upgrade?"

So, the app screen I was getting used to that came when I pressed the Windows button in between the ctrl and alt ones is no longer a thing?

The box at the bottom that claims to be a "search web and windows" just highlights when I click on it and won't accept any characters. This kills me, because I live / die with HD search capability, and was in love with Win8 search function.

I get some helper popup that when I say "no thanks" to it, gives me an are you sure prompt with a "go back" or "close" option. I click close, and it bolds, but just sticks. Then, when I ctrl-alt-del to task manager to give it some help effing off, task manager hangs.

I am sure there are more, but I can't get past these. I got a blue screen with an un-smiley that told me there was a problem needing restart. It re-started, and was back to the normal disappointing.

My computer is only a year old and was functioning cherry with Win8.1 up until I got greedy with the free Win10 "upgrade." I can't find anything I like about Win10. Will it get better, and If it ruins another working day for me, can I go back to Win8.1?

Thank you so much.

:)

DMused, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows10 x64 OEM installation is BUGGY and EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW

The download media from the MCT site and what you have in the OEM Media is no different.

Just download the appropriate 64 bit edition of Windows 10, mount it and peform the upgrade.

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

then

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using
    Windows 10 ISO file

• Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
    • Restart a few times and try again.
    • Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
    • If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver
      for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
    • Do a clean boot and try again.
    • If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both and attempt setup again.
    • If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi and proceed with the installation.
    • If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
    • If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
      How
      to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

How
      to download official Windows 10 ISO files

If you are installing Windows 10 using Windows Update, try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type
      each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. DMused Win User
    Thank you for that link. I have recourse to roll back, now, which makes me feel like I have a safety net. Do the bugs I mention seem to have echoes in notes from others and / or have fixes / patches? Have been waiting expectantly for this rollout for a while and would hope that there was some hope I wouldn't be left in a ME kind of position, if that makes sense.

DMused, Jul 30, 2015
  6. DMused Win User
    The button that is supposed to be the start menu is a dead link. Dead as the button on the keyboard too. Just like the search box is dead. This version of Windows isn't crap, it's actually semi-malicious. I can't even roll it back through the link you provided, because I can't get to the start menu to be able to follow the directions.

It says: "Start by opening Settings – Click Start > Settings or type Settings in the search bar and click it or press Windows key + i"

Without being able to get to the start menu, how else can I find "settings?"

Thank you!

DMused, Jul 30, 2015
  7. DMused Win User
Thema:

1. Windows10 Buggy :-( - Similar Threads - Windows10 Buggy

2. Time Sync always failing no matter what i do on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Sync always failing no matter what i do on Windows10: I've tried everything, so if you have any solution that I didn't mention please tell meWindows update is to the latest available restarting the Windows Time ServiceAdding another time server "Time.google.com" and trying all the existing onesInternet connection is perfect/ no...
  3. Time Sync always failing no matter what i do on Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Sync always failing no matter what i do on Windows10: I've tried everything, so if you have any solution that I didn't mention please tell meWindows update is to the latest available restarting the Windows Time ServiceAdding another time server "Time.google.com" and trying all the existing onesInternet connection is perfect/ no...
  4. Time Sync always failing no matter what i do on Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  6. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  7. How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10: How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-troubleshoot-during-installation/b6658ff7-c9ce-4042-8efa-45ed2676eef0
  8. How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10

How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10: How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-troubleshoot-during-installation/b6658ff7-c9ce-4042-8efa-45ed2676eef0
  9. How to troubleshoot during installation Srt/Srttrail.txt error in windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to get current memory usage by OS/device in a UWP Windows10 app programmatically?

How to get current memory usage by OS/device in a UWP Windows10 app programmatically?: Hi Everyone,I am working on a Windows 10 UWP app and I am trying to get to current memory usage by OS in an app like we see the memory in task manager. I am unable to find a solution.Did anyone come across such a requirement or worked on it? Please help with a code snippet or...