Windows 10: Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure

Discus and support Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Windows installer can not find the windows10 recovery images at the partition 6. The EFI was "damaged" during Fedora32 installation...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JariKosonen, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure

Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure 886e5f70-d92e-4663-bae6-904379976518?upload=true.jpg

The Windows installer can not find the windows10 recovery images at the partition 6.

The EFI was "damaged" during Fedora32 installation...

Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure 18dce260-8504-422d-a77d-8741862e3bf9?upload=true.jpg

:)

JariKosonen, Mar 30, 2020
  2. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Mar 30, 2020
  3. P8P67 EFI/BIOS GPU failure but stable in OS

Here's a fun one for the troubleshooting addicts. *Wink Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure ;)

So I was at my friend's house the other day putting a new fan on the Mugen 2 in his computer. Installation was surprisingly easy despite the fact that the fan bracket needed to be modified (120x38mm replacing a 120x25mm).

System Specs (IIRC):
    ASUS P8P67
    i7-2600K
    HD 4850
    2x4GB Kingston DDR3 1600

So I plugged the computer in and booted into the BIOS/EFI and went about testing and adjusting the PWM settings. After experimenting with the manual PWM control and rebooting several times I was about to finish my adjustments when suddenly the mouse started artifacting in the EFI/BIOS followed quickly by the graphics card failing to provide output to the monitor. (See attached for example of the mouse artifacts.)

So here's what I did:
    • My reaction was to try it again so I booted back into the BIOS/EFI and it happened again. I repeated this several times just to be sure and amazingly it was stable at least one time. Result: FAILURE
    • Next I moved the HD 4850 to the second PCI-E slot and tested it. The computer was completely stable though GPU-Z confirmed that the card was running at PCI-E x1 speed *Frown Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure :(. Result: FAILURE
    • I moved the card back to the primary PCI-E slot and reset the CMOS with the jumper. Result: FAILURE
    • I pulled the battery and did a jumper reset of the CMOS. Result: FAILURE
    • I updated the EFI/BIOS, 1502→1503, the latest version. Result: Success?
    After updating the EFI/BIOS it appears stable, but it was late and I didn't get enough time to test it to my satisfaction.

What's really odd is that the artifacting and subsequent graphics card crash didn't occur 100% of the time. What's even more odd is that if I managed to get into the OS the computer was 100% stable and I could run furmark while running prime95 until the cows came home.

I didn't have a spare card handy so I wasn't able to use a different graphics card to see if the issue persisted. When I visit again I'll bring another graphics card.

Any ideas what happened and/or if I should RMA the board?

streetfighter 2, Mar 30, 2020
  4. trog100 Win User

Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure

1. Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure - Similar Threads - Windows10 recover EFI

2. Iheart radio app failure in windows10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iheart radio app failure in windows10.: I cannot open the Iheart radio app in windows10. I have repaired, uninstalled re-installed several times with the same result. Is there something else to make it work?...
  3. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my laptop with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to...
  4. Recovering Windows from EFI file

Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my laptop with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to...
  5. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my PC with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to continue,...
  6. recover windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover windows10: i would like to uninstall windows 11 and go back to windows10, the way i bought computer withwindows 10 installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-windows10/5c25ebfc-41cc-4412-a414-4338e9fdf1e9
  7. recover windows10

recover windows10: i would like to uninstall windows 11 and go back to windows10, the way i bought computer withwindows 10 installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-windows10/5c25ebfc-41cc-4412-a414-4338e9fdf1e9
  8. Windows10 Update Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Update Failure: I have been failing to install updates for almost 2 months. I paused the update for a period, but recently it says I cannot pause the update any longer. However, the update that was automatically downloaded still cannot be installed successfully. Whenever I restart to...
  9. windows10: How to recover photos app

windows10: How to recover photos app: After about a month of a new installation of windows 10 in an HP laptop with SSDlatest patches updated. the photos app suddenly stopped working. I am unable to open it. If I double click a picture, it gives that error message about "Cannot find ...." And the same picture can...
  10. upgrading to SSD and unable to boot into Windows10 (EFI hidden)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to SSD and unable to boot into Windows10 (EFI hidden): Hi, I am unable to boot into windows 10 after completing the installation successfully. PC is HP Prodesk G3 small form factor (business PC) All files are being written to the SSD but just can not boot. The disk is GPT and secure boot is enabled. I am unable to find an...