Windows 10: Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor

Discus and support Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Surface Book 3) i7-1065G7, Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19041.508, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 w/ Max-Q Design. (Connection from Surface Book 3 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Texoma1836, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor

(Surface Book 3) i7-1065G7, Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19041.508, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 w/ Max-Q Design.
    (Connection from Surface Book 3 to ViewSonic VG2249 [External Monitor 1]) USB-C to HDMI.
    (Connection from ViewSonic VG2249 [External Monitor 1] to ViewSonic VG2249 [External Monitor 2]) DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort.
    Windows detects and is able to extend to external monitor 1, but is unable to detect external monitor 2 unless it is plugged directly into it, in which the opposite problem occurs.
    I've tried updating the display driver, but windows says it is the most current version. If it matters, I have also occasionally had the screen flickering issue.

submitted by /u/Texoma1836
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Texoma1836, Oct 12, 2020

2. DisplayPort Daisy Chain on Dell Monitor not working

We have a problem where a user has 4 monitors hooked up to their Windows 10 system with an RTX 2070 for graphics. They wanted to reserve the HDMI slot on the card, so I suggested running their 24" Dell monitors by daisy chaining the last two monitors. We enabled DisplayPort 1.2 in the Dell settings (FYI - you need to have a valid video signal to get to the menu to turn this on) and double checked that MST was enabled for the graphics card. After plugging in the daisy chained monitor, the monitor would flicker an image of the desktop for a second and then go black.

Windows 10 registered that the monitor was attached and daisy chained but we couldn't get an image to display. Looking around the web and I found a lot of articles saying Dell monitors are terrible for daisy chaining but beyond not enabling DP 1.2 and MST, nothing else was a solution to our problem. Since there is an image that flickers when you first hook it up, it seems like it is just a driver or display issue. Any thoughts?

Slippery Pete, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 with docking station Windows 10 daisy chain display problem

Last night at 12 am my set up was working fine. Come in this morning and my monitors are not working. After an entire day of troubleshooting I have one of my daisy chain monitors working as monitor 2. And I have the option to use monitor 1 and 3. But the
    display 1.2 is not working today....please help.

JackWaybright, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor

DisplayPort Daisy Chain on Dell Monitor not working

After lots of testing with settings, switching ports, and switching out cables we were able to solve the problem by using a full size DisplayPort cable as the input and a full size DisplayPort as the daisy chain cable. (No mini cables or converters.) Using a mini-DP cable in the chain broke the ability to daisy chain, even though it is labeled as mDP-IN and the Dell manual and website don't mention this as a requirement, everything is working great now.

Slippery Pete, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor

1. Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor - Similar Threads - Windows10 cannot detect

2. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  3. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  4. Surface Laptop 3 - Issue daisy-chaining 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 - Issue daisy-chaining 3rd monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, an HP E24d docking monitor, and an HP22er monitor. I want to daisy-chain the monitors together but I can't get the last monitor to work. Here's my current setup: Surface Laptop > USB-C cable > HPE24d > IVANKY Active DP to HDMI adaptor > HDMI cable >...
  5. Surface Laptop 3 - Issue daisy-chaining 3rd monitor

Surface Laptop 3 - Issue daisy-chaining 3rd monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, an HP E24d docking monitor, and an HP22er monitor. I want to daisy-chain the monitors together but I can't get the last monitor to work. Here's my current setup: Surface Laptop > USB-C cable > HPE24d > IVANKY Active DP to HDMI adaptor > HDMI cable >...
  6. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  7. Daisy-chaining on new PC not working

Daisy-chaining on new PC not working: Hi, I have a dual monitor set-up, both Lenovo P24h-10, monitor A being my 'main' monitor connected to either my work laptop via USB-C or my personal computer using DP. My secondary monitor, let's call it monitor B, is connected to monitor A via DP out. Monitor B input is...
  8. HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?: Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is there a setting or is this not possible?Thanks....
  9. 5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP: I've been trying to get 5 monitors working with one GPU but having a few issues. As most know, nvidia limits display output to 4 windows. I was hoping to get around that by daisy chaining two monitors with DP. After trying a few different set ups, I can't seem to get windows...
  10. Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 cannot detect a daisy-chained second external monitor: Surface Book 3 i7-1065G7, Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19041.508, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 w/ Max-Q Design. Connection from Surface Book 3 to ViewSonic VG2249 [External Monitor 1] USB-C to HDMI. Connection from ViewSonic VG2249 [External Monitor 1] to ViewSonic VG2249...