Windows 10: Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings.

Discus and support Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here we go again. It's annoying as hell and thinking about reverting back to Windows 7 despite it's discontinued. Every time I sort my items in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StevaJovanovic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings.

Here we go again. It's annoying as hell and thinking about reverting back to Windows 7 despite it's discontinued.

Every time I sort my items in folders - next time I enter it's all set to "details" view.

I tried going into "properties", than "customize", than "optimize", but there is no option I want and it simply doesn't work in most cases.

I tried increasing values in BagMRU registers - it worked for few months, than all went south again. I tried that again, than again with even higher increase in numbers - but this time it just won't work.

Question is - how to make Windows10 to remeber to keep all my folders on "medium icons" view?

:)

StevaJovanovic, Jan 28, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Jags1979 Win User
    AT&T Tilt - Problem setting ringtones

Hello,

I just purchased a new AT&T tilt phone, and I downloaded a ringtone from the Microsoft community. I made sure to place this in the "My Ringtones" folder. However, this does not appear in the list of ringtones under Settings --> Phone.

Can anyone please suggest how to set a ringtone that I have downloaded?

Thanks.

Jags1979, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Silvera Win User

Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings.

Default Folder Setting

Again many thanks, I will customize "Autos" folder structure using this tip!

Silvera, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings.

1. Windows10 can't remeber folder customization settings. - Similar Threads - Windows10 can't remeber

2. Remebering Window Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remebering Window Position: I have Windows 11 and cannot save window position and size after shutdown. It will remember when it's opened/closed during the day without shutdown. After re-starting it will open to a fixed prior position, but not the last one prior to shutdown.I have tried all recommended...
  3. Remebering Window Position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remebering Window Position: I have Windows 11 and cannot save window position and size after shutdown. It will remember when it's opened/closed during the day without shutdown. After re-starting it will open to a fixed prior position, but not the last one prior to shutdown.I have tried all recommended...
  4. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  5. Folders-windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders-windows10: Is it possible to add a new folder in the this pc area. The folders that are already there are desktop,downloads,documents, images, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-windows10/1c1e6ad6-8e03-4373-979a-0f8845d884e3"
  6. Can't access to shared folders on Windows10

Can't access to shared folders on Windows10: I can't access to shared folders from my PC. I tried to access on shared also via \\IP\shared but doesn't work. What could be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-to-shared-folders-on-windows10/540f3cf0-f506-42fa-960c-17713ba7b4a2"
  7. Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file: so i am trying to customize a folder but when i go to set this .ico i have it seems it is looking for a file that has icons stored in it and i am unable to customize it. Please help....
  8. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  9. Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings: Hi, I have many folders that I want to set a specific custom setting for. I have about 100 folders (well, specifically, saved search files within File Explorer, that I want to open showing the results as View > Details, and only the details on top of Name & Date Modified....
  10. How to set custom locations for system folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom locations for system folders?: Okay I'm a bit stumped on this although I had no issues in Windows 7. I think my problem with permissions may be unique to my computer to be honest. 1. This computer is using the hard drives from past computers. So I'm guessing the permissions on everything was setup by a...