Windows 10: windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

Discus and support windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i want to know why since i know Windows from Windows 3.1, why does a simple copy paste always ask the user for replacement instead of calculating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CodeMan_o_O, Mar 5, 2021.

1. windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

so i want to know why since i know Windows from Windows 3.1, why does a simple copy paste always ask the user for replacement instead of calculating unique file identifier like sha or any other when the file is IDENTICAL and not stoping a huge transfer of data waiting for user input/confirmation everytime, just add a damn checkbox at start of copying that say "replace all files" so users don't have to get anoyed by the prompt for replacement of already existing files that are 100 % identical !!!!

first caluclate crc or or hash or anything reliable on both files if the same just skip the copy, else ask the user !

windows10 familly 20h2

27/09/2020

v19042.844

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

hope it can help improve windows 10 as i am deeling with Tb of data to recover and it always stop copying to ask dumb things. ....

hum little question what is the date of creation of first windows version ????

maybe i am the only one with ideas ? maybe not , let's share our point of view on this topic and help M$ improve our OS windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented :p

:)

CodeMan_o_O, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Debug Error on Windows10 Starting

I want to debug an error that occurs when Windows10 starts, the error disappears too quick for me to save the error. I searched for ntbtlog.txt; not sure if this log file exists on Windows10, any suggestion ?

JerometheGiraff, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

Windows10 update

Hi Ray,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest doing these following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

• Turn off your PC.
    • Press and hold Shift then turn on your PC.
    • Wait for the setup (set up fixes the problem automatically).
    Method 2

• Create a media creation tool by following the steps in this
      link
    • Select your preferred installation option and wait for the process to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

1. windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented - Similar Threads - windows10 copy paste

2. windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows10: windows10 home1234……10ctrl+z→→ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10%E3%81%AE%E3%83%87%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF/9af7fcbb-405b-47c7-81fc-b9f710026f46
  3. Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly: I am attempting to copy files from my C: Drive SSD to any one of my external drives. It appears to be successful however when viewing the copied files I will notice that while all the file names are correct a bunch are just a copy of the same file over and over. Let me...
  4. Anyway to Improve Bluetooth Latency on Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to Improve Bluetooth Latency on Windows10?: I recently got a pair of 1more Bluetooth Colorbuds. They sound fantastic when connected to my iPhone with nearly no latency at all. Connecting to my Windows10 laptop is a different story. The sound is quite hollow and the latency is really bad. My estimate is 250-300...
  5. windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10: I have paid for the windows 10 software and tried to down windows 10 and it doesn't want to work. i already have the product key i just need to be able to download and install the software. I NEED HELP.......
  6. how to implement wifi direct between windows10 and linuxubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to implement wifi direct between windows10 and linuxubuntu: I have to establish WIFI DIRECT communication between windows 10 and ubuntu linux. i have to figure out is there any step wrong in communication or it's a compatibility issue. if it is compatibility issue how to resolve it....
  7. Shadow Copy Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow Copy Windows10: Hello, I update to 18860 Insider build, before that I was able to see my shadow copies in "Previous version" tab in every folder. But latest build loose my task schedules, can you help, what is right command to enable shadow copies again and show on "Previous version"?...
  8. Need Windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Windows10 upgrade: I have Surface tablet with Windows RT 8.1. I was not given the option to upgrade to Windows10 in 2016. There is an app that I need that only can work in Windows 10. I have no plans to buy a new tablet. What can I do?...
  9. Need to get a windows10 disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to get a windows10 disk: Need a windows 10 disk. I have the free version. When booting up it requests to insert the original disk. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/need-to-get-a-windows10-disk/d16b7395-eb8c-459b-9a36-ebea13fe87cf
  10. DOS vs. Windows10 copy memory

in Windows 10 Support
    DOS vs. Windows10 copy memory: I miss greatly a feature of a DOS 3rd party utility. The paste keyboard shortcut was intercepted and altered to cause a popup screen listing the most recent copies to choose from or ignore. I don't suppose there's some buried command/setup for this ability? Mark 66768