Windows 10: Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly

Discus and support Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am attempting to copy files from my C: Drive SSD to any one of my external drives. It appears to be successful however when viewing the copied files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CJMartel1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CJMartel1 Win User

Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly

I am attempting to copy files from my C: Drive SSD to any one of my external drives. It appears to be successful however when viewing the copied files I will notice that while all the file names are correct a bunch are just a copy of the same file over and over. Let me explain

Name File01.txt contains the proper contents for this file

Name File02.txt contains the proper contents for this file

Name File03.txt contains the contents of what is in File02

Name File04.txt contains the contents of what is in File02

Name File05.txt contains the proper contents for this file

Name File06.txt contains the contents of FILE05

And the cycle continues.

I have tried using command line, graphic interface, running as administrator, different drives and nothing is helping

:)

CJMartel1, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2021
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly - Similar Threads - Windows10 Copy Paste

2. Mouse is not copying and pasting correctly. It used to work before!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is not copying and pasting correctly. It used to work before!: Hi,My mouse is not working correctly. I checked whether I can update driver, but windows says I have the latest driver already. When I try to highlight and then drag to copy and paste, it behaves erratically.I moved usb port to a different port and it is still the same. Snip...
  3. windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows10 copy paste in explorer windows10 improvment that need to be implemented: so i want to know why since i know Windows from Windows 3.1, why does a simple copy paste always ask the user for replacement instead of calculating unique file identifier like sha or any other when the file is IDENTICAL and not stoping a huge transfer of data waiting for...
  4. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  5. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  6. Copy Paste not working.

Copy Paste not working.: HI, I am unable to copy paste in any document or anywhere in windows. Both via a mouse or keyboard shortcuts, The copy option is there. But the paste option is grayed out. Once data is copied both options are greyed out. If i restart my laptop. Copy paste works fine but...
  7. Copy and paste stopped working.

Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  8. copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste not working: Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight new text and press copy and paste it still pastes old text. sometimes I will copy and it will paste the new text, but then go...
  9. Copy and Paste Not Working

Copy and Paste Not Working: I am trying to copy and paste any where in windows. and I get this when I paste, C:\Users\paulc\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-12-03--06-31-25_.dmp...
  10. Copy and paste not working

Copy and paste not working: Whenever i try to copy and paste something when i paste it pastes this file directory "C:\Users\jlang\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-05--17-34-56_.dmp" im not really sure what to do. that...