Windows 10: Windows10 CPU Identification Issue

Discus and support Windows10 CPU Identification Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Folks, I was running Windows 7, and under device manager all of the chipset and CPU names were showing Intel i9 Series; and I was getting fair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GWild, Jan 22, 2020.

1. GWild Win User

Windows10 CPU Identification Issue

Folks,

I was running Windows 7, and under device manager all of the chipset and CPU names were showing Intel i9 Series; and I was getting fair performance out of my PCIe GPU and M.2 SSDs devices. GPU showed 14500 on average, disk 25000... overall Performance Test came in at 7500.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. It's been running well and without issues for about a month.

However, I noticed a slow down, and Performance Test now reports 6000 !??! Narrowing it down I found GPU now only hits 11000 (down 20% from 14500) and M.2 hits 18000 (down 30% from 25000).

I noticed the chipset drivers all now say Core i7 rather than Core i9. So I just updated all of the chipset drivers from Intel (the installed were all 2016 Microsoft).

Despite the updates, Device info still shows i7 series, not i9 series as Windows 7 had shown.

With the huge performance hit, and the hit being predominantly PCIe related (CPU and Memory benchmarks seem normal and unchanged), I am wondering if anyone else has seen this or perhaps knows what is going on.

Ideas!

Win10x64 and pretty sure it's 1909.

:)

GWild, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 22, 2020
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Sheena M. Win User

Identification issue PC and Nokia Lumia 920 are connected

Hi JurijsHmelevskis,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Can you please provide more information about what you are trying to do and the steps that you take? Also, what do you mean when you say 'Identification issue'?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows10 CPU Identification Issue - Similar Threads - Windows10 CPU Identification

2. Scam identification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  3. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  4. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  5. Device Identification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  6. Controller Identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Identification: I recently bought an Xbox Wireless Controller for my Windows 10 PC, the new one with the share button. When I use it with Bluetooth, It is correctly identified as an Xbox controller. However, when I plug it in with a USB cable, it is identified as just "controller" and...
  7. identification changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    identification changes: I have changed a phone number that I have registered with Microsoft and or windows, and or outlook. where do I go to update those registrations Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identification-changes/0ff97a2b-f70f-4062-a5d4-9d34d87e9b10
  8. Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue

Lifecam Studio HD USB Identification Issue: I am attempting to use multiple Studio Life Cams on a computer for a business Skype meeting. The issue I am running into is that USB hubs will not work with more then 1 camera of this type. If I use one Lifecam studio and one Logitech cam they both work fine. When adding a...
  9. Identifing Keylogger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...
  10. Bluetooth Identification Issue

Bluetooth Identification Issue: So, I updated my Nvidia driver for the first time in 51 months. And the update to the driver went fine. Prior to the update my "Wicked Bandido" bluetooth headphones were connecting to my computer, and working perfectly with little issues. After the update happened and I...